Chapter 6: Matchmake in the Making

Chapter 6 : Matchmake in the Making

"Well.." Mum fidgeted in her seat and rubbed her chin. "Do you remember my friend whose son went to London to further his studies?"

I frowned. "Who? The friend with the big mole on her cheek?"

Mum laughed nervously. "Yes. That friend. Do you remember how fond her son was of you?"

"Mama! Are you trying to matchmake me?"

Mum looked away and nodded.

"Mama, the last time he saw me was 4 years ago. He can't possibly remember me now. Plus, not in my situation."

Mum smiled and put her hand on mine. "Actually it was him who requested to see you. He overheard his cousin talk about you. About the situation you're in now. And he don't seem to mind at all. In fact he wanted so much to see Erma too."

I looked at her in aghast. "His cousin? Who? How?"

"His cousin went to the same school as you. She was in one of your class. I can't remember her name though."

Absent-mindedly I rubbed my temple. "Oh gosh! But I'm not ready to date yet. I just started working Mama. I need to take care of Erma first."

"Don't worry. You can take all the time in the world. But at least, go and meet him. He asked for you to give him a call once you're ready."

______________

So i've updated a bit. more coming up soon!