CHAPTER 9

Chapter 9
The First Date
{ Sungyeon's POV }

It felt like I was dreaming while sitting at this park, having an early dinner with Minhyuk.

He was serving food to me like I'm a princess! I may be exaggerating but my heart is just really on fire right now. I can't even think straight.

"I cooked everything with Eunkwang." He said.

"Really? Woah, I'll eat well." I said feeling really happy and excited.

He smiled and I was taken aback when he started feeding me. "Taste this." He said.

"Uh? O-oh, okay..." I said shyly and opened my mouth. I swallowed slowly, then closed my mouth. "Woah, so good!" I wish I could control the redness of my cheeks. The editors won't even have to edit red dots on them because it's so obvious.

We ate and ate while they filmed us. I felt so self-conscious at first but I forget about the cameras when I'm talking to Minhyuk.

"Did they tell you to prepare something?" He asked.

"Ah, yes. You too?"

He nodded and smiled. "Yes, and I thought I should cook for you."

"Why?"

I received an email last night from the show that I should prepare something for our first date.

"Because I read that if you want to get a girl's heart, you should give them good food." He responded.

I automatically smiled. "How true is that!"

We laughed. "What did you prepare?" He asked.

"Should I show you now?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes, I'm excited."

"But we just finished eatingㅡ"

"Please?"

I smiled. "Okay."

He is just so cute, how can I even say no?

I took my guitar from the bag and started tuning it.

"You play guitar?!" He asked in surprise.

"Yes."

"Really? Are you gonna play for me?"

"Yes."

"Ooooh, I like this!" He said cutely.

I was trying to contain myself but how can I? HOW?

I cleared my throat. "This songㅡI've been listening to this song lately and whenever I hear it, I think of you, oppa." I said almost nervously but more shyly.

I could already imagine the editor putting hearts on the TV screen.

"Really? Aaaaah, thank you."

I cleared my throat. How can I think of this and not something else? What if I fail?

Good morning loneliness,
comes around when I'm not
Dreaming about you
When my world wakes up today
You'll be in another town
And I knew when I saw your face, I'd be
Counting down the ways to see you
You smile that beautiful smile and
All the girls in the front row scream your name...

I finally made an eye contact with him after that verse and saw his beautiful smile. He was smiling from ear to ear and it made me happy. I don't know if it's for the show or I really made him smile, but I hope it's the latter.

So dim that spotlight, tell me things like
I can't take my eyes off of you
I'm no one special, just another
Wide eyed girl who's desperately in love with you
Give me a photograph to hang on my wall, superstar