Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"You need to calm down a bit." Blake said, looking at the road in front of us.

"I'm trying, I'm just nervous."  I said to him.  I kept fidgeting, tapping my feet on the floor and my hands on my legs.  I was nervous to see my parents and Justin.  Not only because I was going to tell them about what Jesse had said but I didn't want to get yelled at again.   "You'll take a left at the stop sign." I told him.

Looking out the window, everything was dark.  The Sun had set long ago, now only the street lights were on and the lights inside the homes.

Blake turned on my parents’ street, "It's the third driveway on the right." I told him.

He pulled into their driveway and shut off the engine.  I kept looking at the house, most of the lights were on and Justin's truck was beside us.

"You're making me nervous." Blake confessed.

I looked at him and tried to smile.  "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" He asked.

"Because I'm selfish, you have this way of calming me down and I know my parents are proper...well most of the time and I know with you here, they'll be on their best behavior and that’s including Justin." I told him.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, they always try to make a good impression." I told him.

"No, not about that, I calm you down?" He asked keeping eye contact with me.

I laughed nervously.  "Oh God… It's weird I know."

"No it's not.  For awhile now, every time I'm with you, you say something that surprises me and that I don't expect.  I like it." He said with half a smile.

I rolled my eyes with a big smile on my face and opened my door as Blake did the same.  I walked around the truck to go to Blake.

"Nice house." He said looking at my parents’ property.

"Yeah, it is." I agreed with him.

"You grew up here?" He asked.

"Kind of… When my mom and I got out, we stayed with my dad in his apartment.  We moved here not long after they got married.  A.J. and Felix, my brothers lived here their whole lives." I told him.

"Good place to grow up, lots of grass to run around." He said and I nodded my head.

Even though it was dark out, we could still see how big the property was.

I saw the curtain move in the living room and my mom's face looked directly at us.

"Okay, we've been spotted..." I said to both of us.  "You ready?" I asked him.

"Yeah, are you?" He asked back.

"Nope, but here we go anyway."  I said.  I placed my hand in his and started to walk toward the front door. 

"I need to make you nervous more often...but a good nervous." He said.

I stopped walking and looked at him confused.

"You never hold my hand.  Well almost never." He said and I nodded.

"I told you, you calm me down." I repeated.

We stood there smiling at each other when I heard the front door open.

Our faces turned toward the door and my father stood there smiling.