Chapter 21

"You two are so lucky," Shelly sighed as her eyes gazed at Dani and Jax who were sitting across from them in the couple's cabin.

"Don't worry. We're next," Bo squeezed her hand gently.

The day had gone by in a rush and Dani and Jax were still surprised by the news. Shelly and Bo had come over to offer their congratulations for the third time that day.

Dani had missed the orientation and was still a little confused, "So stage one of this camp is to pass all the parenting tests and projects and stage two is-"

"Impregnation!" Shelly squealed. "You're so lucky. Now you can go in the blessed waters. You two could be holding your child this time next year."

Dani coughed, "Whoa...slow down there. There's no guarantee that we'll get pregnant."

"Don't you want to get pregnant?" Shelly asked. "Isn't that why you two came here?"

Dani fumbled for an answer while Jax placed his arm around her and easily came to her rescue, "Dani's nervous because she just realized how close we are to having our dreams come true."

Dani felt his lips brush against her temple and gave a half-smile. The couple in front of her was deluded if they thought that lake had any kind of powers to make her pregnant.

"Still, we'd also love to move onto stage two," Bo admitted.

"Stage two is where I go in the lake and then meet with Dr. Silverman, right?" Dani asked.

"Right. He's supposed to talk to you about how the waters will work or something like that. I'm not too sure since the women that pass to stage two don't usually talk about it. Apparently the Indians that blessed the waters had some kind of ritual and he tells the story."

"Why isn't his wife there?" Dani asked.

"I'm not too sure. I think it's the same reason that not just anyone can go into the lake. You have to be selected or something," Shelly frowned when she saw the look of disbelief on Dani's face. "Are you doubting the blessing of the lake?"

"Not at all," Dani said weakly. "It's just the whole thing sounds strange, don't you think? I mean...the Silvermans are hardly Native Americans. Why would they try to pass this sort of story off?"

Dani felt Jax nudge her to be quiet. She nudged him back.

"I'm not sure why you'd enter Majestic Waters if you didn't believe in their methods to get you pregnant," Shelly said. "Even if you don't believe it, many women have gotten pregnant after coming here."

Dani figured it was more like they became pregnant because they all slept with Dr. Silverman. Dani raised a brow to Jax who nodded.

"Well, it's almost time for us to meet with Dr. Silverman," Jax said, standing up. It was his polite way of kicking the other couple out.

"Do you want me to hang out here with you while Dani goes to the lake?" Bo asked.

Jax shook his head, "That's okay. I plan to take a shower after Dani leaves."

"I'm so jealous," Shelly said for the hundredth time. "I bet you two will have a beautiful baby."

"Well we'll be going now. Let me know if you need anything," Bo said, dragging his wife away.

After they were gone, Dani whirled around to face Jax, "What are we going to do? I don't want to be alone with that man! Dr. Silverman is slime. Disgusting slime!"

"Relax Panda Eyes. You should know I'd never leave you alone with him. I'll be right outside so if you need me, just scream."

"Jax Michaels if you let me down I won't forgive you."