Chapter 31: First Night

I rub my eyes as I wake up in the dark. I can't believe I fell asleep. I was so tired. I get up and switch on the room's lights. I see my suitcases beside the bed and decide to get a couple of clothes out and change into them.

I enter the bathroom and do my business. After I exit, my stomach growls. I haven't ate anything since yesterday night.

I make my way down the hallways of the house which were dimly lit. I think it's around midnight so Heath and Jen are probably asleep. After reaching the kitchen, I look through the gazillion cabinets to find a glass. I finally find one and set it down on the kitchen island while I look through the fridge.

Bread, cheese, cucumbers, lettuce, ranch, tomatoes, and milk is all they had in the fridge. Wow. It's probably because anyone hardly lives here. I decide to make a sandwich out of the ingredients.

I carefully set everything out and piece the ingredients together which was more difficult then said, because I could hardly see anything. After ten minutes of making a mess, I finally start eating. As I take the first bite out of my so called sandwich the bright lights of the kitchen blind me.

I squint putting the sandwich down. I look at the door where I find Heath standing. I blink a couple of times to get used to the light," What are you doing?" I ask.

"I couldn't sleep." Once my eyes can open fully I notice Heath is only wearing his boxers and his hair is scattered around. His skin reflected the kitchen lights as if he was sweating," I heard you fell asleep." He says.

"Yeah I did." I say looking down at my sandwich which fell apart.

"Were you making a salad?" Heath asks standing next to me eyeing what's on my plate.

"Yup, a salad. This is definitely a salad." I deadpan.

"Well it looks horrible." He shrugs walking over to the refrigerator. He grabs the can of milk and starts drinking.

"Use a fricken cup Heath." I say in disgust.

"Why would I use a cup? I would have to wash the cup, this way I won't have to wash anything."

"You're so lazy. It takes like two seconds to wash a cup." I grab my glass of milk. It was about to touch my lips when a thought appeared in my mind," You haven't drank out of it before have you?"

He takes the can off his lips, swallows anything in his mouth, and nods," Yeah I did this morning." He admits.

I cringe in disgust. What if I had drank that? Ew! I would have Heath's diseases in me... I put the glass back down as I no longer feel hungry. Since I don't feel tired either, I climb up and sit down on the island facing Heath.

I sit there and admire his ripped back. Stop it Riley! You have a boyfriend! Darnit... I sigh as he turns around and raises his eyebrows," What?" I ask.

He grins," Were you checking me out?"

" You wish." I scoff.

"I do." He grins walking closer to me. I try to move back on the counter, but I hit my head on the cabinet above.

"Fuck." I groan grabbing the back of my head.

I look up only to find his deep chocolaty eyes inches away intensely staring into mine. The heat from his body was radiating onto me and his hot breath sent chills down my back. I look down. He was standing in between my legs and his hands were on both sides of me. I was trapped, shrinking under his intense gaze.

"Look at me Princess." His voice husky. As curious as I am. I look up, only to regret it. His eyes pierced into mine once again and his breath came out slowly.

He looks down at my lips and I can't help, but bite down on my bottom one as the nervousness is killing me. His eyes turn the darkest shade of brown, almost black. What is happening to me? He leans in and I lean back. I want to... I think looking at his moist pink lips. No! Riley! Luke, you're dating Luke.

He leans in further and I can't back away anymore due to the cabinet above, behind my head. My heart was racing at the moment. My mind was telling me something else and my heart was saying another.

"Hi Henry!" I blurt out and Heath immediately backs away. His hand goes behind his neck scratching it and his cheeks turn a rosy red.

I jump off the counter and make a run for the stairs in a split second. I keep sprinting until I make it up to my room and lock the door behind me. Okay. That was way too dramatic.

I think to myself as I lay down on my bed.

Would he have kissed me if I hadn't randomly yelled Henry's name? Would I have kissed him back? Why is my heart still beating so fast? Riley.

There are no ifs. You have a boyfriend. You wouldn't have kissed him back and you wouldn't have liked it either.

A knock at my door startles me. What if it's Heath? No, it wouldn't be him. He's too embarrassed. I slowly walk through the darkness, twist the doorknob, and open the door. I take a peek as I open it slightly and continue opening it the whole way once I see who it is.

"What are you doing awake it's like midnight." I whisper.

"Correction it's three am in the morning." Jen walks in wearing a baggy shirt and shorts. I quietly close the door behind her and turn on the lights. When we both get our visions back we sit down on the bed.

"Now would you mind explaining why you're awake at three in the morning?"

"I could ask you the same thing." She mentions. "The reason I'm awake is because Heath thought today was the best day to get revenge on me for the mouse traps."

"What? What did he do?"

"He planted over thirty alarm clocks in my room which were set off to go every fifteen damn minutes! I turned off a couple, but I couldn't find the rest so I gave up and came to you. So if you don't mind." She crawls under the bed sheets," I'm going to.... sleep in.... your bed tonight....." Before I could reply I hear slight sounds of snoring telling me she has already fallen asleep.

I walk over to the light switch and turn it off. I run back to the bed and snuggle in, keeping my distance from Jen.

I am going to get in so much trouble because of one of them one day. I think to myself as I repeat of the events that have happened since I've moved here played in my mind.

I almost got killed twice, once by Kirsten and in the fighting ring. I started thinking about Jack again. I got the tattoos I've always wanted. I have the perfect boyfriend. I have the most amazing friends, and then there's Heath.

He messes with my mind and I can't stop it. Riley, you need to stop overthinking life. Just go through whatever it sends your way and you'll be fine.

I fall asleep with a thousand thoughts and unanswered questions running through my mind those I wish I didn't have.

A/N:

Hope you enjoyed this one. Tell me what you think!

Comment-Follow-Vote-Share!