Chapter 40

Megan Watson's POV

Two or three weeks after Harry and Niall leave for the last few months of Take Me Home Tour, I decide to finally put trying to get a job into action.

Not really aiming big, only wanting a part-time job for the time anyway, I choose a small cafe in the area.

I walk into the shop, feeling quite nervous as I walk up to the front desk, wanting to find out more about getting a job there.

"Hi," I smile when I reach the desk, "I w-" I stop, when I see the face of the worker.

"Lottie?!" I exclaim.

"Oh my god, Meg!" My best friend, or.. I guess, old best friend, since I was stupid enough not to contact her for over three months, Lottie, exclaims, wrapping me in a hug.

"I haven't seen you in so long!" I say.

"I know! You, have a lot to tell me, missy," she says, "Uh, I freaked out when I saw you on tele! You and the Harry Styles?! I'm so jealous."

I laugh, "I do have a lot to tell you. When do you get off?"

"Well, my mum owns the cafe, soo, I can just tell her that you're here, and that I wanna talk to you, and she'll let me off." She assures me, before walking to the back of the shop.

She comes back, her mum leading the way, and exclaiming, "Megan! Wow, I haven't heard from you in ages! I -"

From behind her, Lottie imitates her, and I hold in a laugh.

"- famous now! Charlotte was telling me. It's the curly haired one, right, Lottie?" I hear the end of her mum's talking.

"Yeah, mum. The curly haired one." Lottie shakes her head at her. "Right, so, we're going. See ya, mum."

"Okay, bye loves!" Her mum calls as we walk away.

"Oh my gosh, so, tell me everything," Lottie says.

I tell her everything, even though it takes forever, and we act like we always used to, as if the last few months without any contact never happened. I also find out a lot about her stay in America, and that a friend she had made there is actually coming in a week or two to live with her in London, and that I will apparently love her.

I immediately get the job in the cafe, her mum telling me that she should love to have me working there.

So for the next couple of weeks, I work there, finding the job is quite enjoyable, seeing as my best friend is there all of the time as well. As for the job itself... eh.

Harry texts me everyday, and calls or FaceTimes me whenever he can, and Niall actually contacts me a lot as well. The other band members rarely text me during the time, at all.

One day, Harry surprises me by showing up at the cafe without me knowing that he was coming.

"Oh my god, Harry?!" I shriek, as he comes up to the desk, with a smirk on his lips.

"I just wanted a cupcake," he says with a chuckle, joking, before pulling me into a kiss.

"Oi!" Lottie exclaims, causing us to pull away from the kiss, "There's kids staring at you. If you're gonna do that, go into the cupboard."

I start laughing, "The cupbo-" I fail to say anything more, bursting into another fit of uncontrollable laughter.

"Is she okay?" I hear Lottie ask Harry, who shrugs and chuckles.

"Why are you laughing so much?" Lottie asks me, and Harry starts to laugh at me laughing.

We all end up laughing at each other laughing, causing everyone in the cafe to send us weird looks.

Harry stays for a day or two, only being able to barely manage even that amount of short time with me, before leaving for the tour again.

Another month slowly drags on, making us already into the month of November, the nights becoming noticeably darker and the weather noticeably colder.

And in what seems like forever and a day, Take Me Home Tour is finally over.

Niall Horan's POV

"Wow, it's actually over," Liam repeats for the millionth time this morning. 

"Yeah, it's mad." I agree, shaking my head lightly in disbelief.

"Then we have the stadium tour coming up, huh?" Zayn contributes.

"Yeah, that's gonna be amazing." Louis says in a way that shows he is utterly amazed at everything that's going on.

"Hello." I hear Harry's voice from the doorway for the first time today, him having just woken up.

We all reply in our different ways, me mumbling a, "hi." He looks at me in a way that says he purely hates me.. And for what reason? No clue.

For some reason, he has lately been acting differently towards me, ever since the last day with Megan. Quite a lot of times, I will look over at Harry, only to find him staring at me with his jaw clenched, eyebrows furrowed and fists curled up into tight balls at his sides, before he would look away. I didn't get it. Had I done something wrong?

Before I said goodbye to Megan a couple months ago when we left after our long break, he even gave me the middle finger as she came over to me, and that really left me startled. I must've done something without  realising it...

And I had a feeling that something had to do with Megan.

Honestly, I had learned that if Megan doesn't want me, then I just have to accept it, and if Harry thinks I'm going to try and corrupt their relationship... he's wrong.

Because at the end of the day, if Megan is happy with him... then I am happy for them..

Right?

--------------------------------------------------

A/N: ew this chapter sucked lol

sorry this chapter was so short n all it was just to say what happened during the months and stuff

omfg TAKE ME HOME TOUR IS FINALLY ENDED (in this book, obvs) so IM ACTUALLY GETTING TO START THE DRAMA THAT IVE BEEN PLANNING FOR SO LONG ALLELUIA

AND OMG THIS BOOK JUST HIT 10,000 VIEWS THAT'S AMAZING, IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME, ILY ALL AND YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

thanks so much for reading, because you're still reading this far means so much to me, thank you,

Lisa :)

P.S. 40TH CHAPTER WHAT. OMFG, ASDFGHJKL.