𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱 [ revelations. ]

A/N: Relatively short chapter, I suppose. The last part literally took me weeks to write. Also, try not to hate me too much for what's about to happen. Enjoy the fanvid above, as well! It's a brief history of Buffy and her friends, for those not familiar (or for those who are and want to watch)! Anyway, happy NaNoWriMo! Enjoy~!

Song Recommendation ["Addicted To Love (cover)" - Florence + The Machine]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

Keep an keen eye on the shadows.

☽ † ☾

Maddie stumbled through the Argent's front door, her feet abnormally heavy. She could at least use most of her motor functions again, which was an improvement, but her entrance still sounded like a sack of rocks crashing through and made her wince. Stiles had offered to walk her in but she was adamant that he not be seen by Allison's parents. Now that she laid on her stomach in a heap on the floor, half inside and half outside, she began to second guess that.

She hoped the house would be empty but when a shadow stretched across the floor and her gaze followed it all the way up, she groaned. There was no concern on Victoria Argent's face, but instead narrowed eyes and a sour purse. Maddie could've been bleeding out on the polished floorboards and would've probably been chastised for the mess. Still, the Argent matriarch walked over and examined her face for an awkward and unbearable moment. Victoria grabbed Maddie's upper arm and hoisted her up without a word.

In fact, she dragged Maddie all the way to the spare room without so much as a snide remark. When Maddie plopped onto her thin mattress, Victoria roughly turned girl's head and moved her hair, examining the back of her neck and sighing most likely at the cut. Out of the corner of Maddie's sight, the woman's knowing expression drained and she did a double take. She squinted at something on the back of Maddie's neck, like she recognized something terrifying. Victoria's bright blue eyes went from whatever she saw to Maddie's face.

"You weren't in the library with Allison."

"Allison can take care of herself." There was so much bitterness when she said it.

"Were you with the wolves?"

"I-"

"Don't. Lie."

"And if I was?"

"Why..." Victoria clenched her jaw. "Why did you stay?"

"Because this town is in danger," Maddie said. She gingerly touched the scabbing wound on the back of her neck. "And save the idle threats. I'm not leaving."

"You are the danger. You've brought more trouble than you're worth!" Victoria's voice raised in a mixture of anger and, perhaps, sadness. "You'll fail like all the others. You'll be dead. Your friends will be dead. Tell me, will your little crusade be worth it then?"

It was like the voice in the back of her brain had been given a face. Like her fears and memories had taken shape. Every single thing Allison's mother had said had haunted her from the day she had gotten to Beacon Hills. And for a moment, she was about to say no. At the same time, there was something that wouldn't allow her to get the word out. Instead, she swallowed the lump it formed in her throat and forced a nod. "It has to be."

Why else was I chosen for all of this?

Victoria's rage and resolve quieted into a huff and, with a slight hesitation, she began to leave. She turned on her heel and headed for the door when but, just before she was about to close it, she stopped. "Goodnight, Madeline."