Chapter Twenty-Nine

So I really can't believe the amount of votes,comments and reads from all you guys! It's unbelievable, I've been having a lot of writer's block lately:( But I was able to get this chapter finished on time, hope you like it. Enjoy.

A. Summers xo

*******

"So... you wan'a come out with me today? Adriano's working and he said you might need some company."

"Um, sure?" Angela felt a little uncomfortable talking to Mike, she hadn't spoken to him since she found out about the whole Mafia thing and didn't know whether he knew she knew.

"Cool, I was thinking we could go to a gallery in the city and then something to eat afterwards. You up for it Shortcake?" Mike remained warm and friendly through their conversation, even though he could sense her slight unease.

"Y-yeah, Sounds good to me."

"I'll pick you up in an hour or so. See you then."

"Goodbye." Angela said before hanging up the phone and quickly cheeking the clock on the wall in the kitchen. It was almost half past eleven, she stretched her arms and yawned before going in to take a shower.

Once she was done in the shower she towel dried her hair and made her way into Adriano's bedroom to pick out something to wear. She had hung up what little clothes she had since she got here in a space Adriano cleared out for her when they got home and now she was flicking through the hangers, trying to figure out what would look nice.

Her hands ran along the expensive fabrics of all of his suits as she walked around, taking it all in. Everything in here was laid out perfect: the shoes, the suits, the shirts. Angela was reminded of his words last night and couldn't help but allow a small ghost of a smile past her lips.

Of course it's only you. No one else, I promise.

Angela let out a sigh and remembered she hadn't got time to be swanning around in Adriano's closet; she needed to get ready for spending the day with Mike. She picked out something to wear quickly and got dressed. Angela was ready just in time for Mike when he knocked on the door a few minutes later.

She walked out and let him in before grabbing her coat and keys Adriano left out for her.

"Hey Shortcake." Mike announced spritely to her but she was unable to look him in the eye.

"Hello Mike." She hugged him back but pulled away as soon as she could.

"You ready to go?" He sensed her discomfort but said nothing for a little while, he would wait.

"Mhm." She nodded and they both walked out, waving goodbye to the guards at the door as they did so. Two had followed Mike and Angela. They stepped into the elevator with them and as soon as the doors closed Mike spoke again.

"Adriano told me to bring them. For your safety, there was no saying no to him." Mike shrugged, as if reading her mind. She nodded and smiled politely at him but it wasn't genuine, she had to admit she felt a little weird with him after finding out everything. Angela just couldn't imagine Mike fitting into the Mafia life, he was always so kind to her from the first time they met. Even when Allesandro was mean to her Mike had drawn the line and told him to back off.

"Everything okay Angela?" Mike finally asked with a sigh as he turned the key in the ignition of his car and they began to drive.

"I'm fine really-"

"I know Adriano told you." He cut across her, just wanting to get the words out. She didn't know what to say next and was glad he spoke up again. "I hope it doesn't change our friendship Angela, I don't want you to feel awkward or uncomfortable around me now. That stuff, it's what I do, it's what I work at. It doesn't mean I'd ever do anything on you or hurt you in any way. I don't want to put you in danger either. You're a nice girl, the nicest I've met in a long time. You're good for my brother too."