Chapter 12

Chapter 12

It had been a few days since the incident with Lucifer and she had not had any problems since, but it was still weighing heavily on her mind. With the worry of him wanting to kill her hanging over her she had not been out of her apartment since.

The sound of the phone ringing brought Ellie out of her mood and she answered it, for once she was happy to hear her mother’s voice.

“Hi mom,” she said cheerfully. The last thing she needed was her mother suspecting anything was wrong.

“Ellie darling It’s good to finally speak to you, it’s seems like it’s been a long time since we spoke last. There’s someone I want you to meet, I’d like you to come for dinner tonight.”

Ellie’s good mood suddenly turned sour as she realised her mother was trying to set her up yet again. She wished she would just stay out of her business, but it was no use she just couldn’t help interfering.

“Mom, I’ve told you not to do this!” she snapped, she didn’t mean to be as sharp as she was, but with everything that was happening with Lucifer she felt as though she wasn’t in control of her life anymore.

“I’ve cooked the food now Ellie and I’ve invited him; his father is a client of your fathers. It would be so embarrassing for the both of us if you didn’t turn up, and it could really ruin your fathers’ chances of anymore work.”

Ellie cursed silently her mother always did this as soon as she tried to get out of it her mother would start to blame her for everything that could possibly go wrong in their lives.

“Okay fine, but I’m only doing this for dad’s reputation, do not expect anything to come of this okay?” she told her firmly.

“Okay Ellie, but you might change your mind once you meet him.” She said hopefully.

Ellie shook her head, there was no way she was going to change her mind, but there was no point in arguing with her mother. The last thing she wanted was for her mother to be in a bad mood during the meal.

“Mom I’ve got to go what time do you want me?” she asked.

Ellie put the phone down and looked at the clock she had two hours before the stupid meal and she looked a mess. She had spent the last three days in her pyjamas and had only just about managed to run a comb through her hair. She rushed into the bathroom and ran a bath; while it was filling up she looked through her closet for something to wear. She was tempted to put something short and slutty on but she wasn’t going there again not after what had happened with Lucifer.

She found a long dress and frowned, it was something she had bought for a funeral and it wasn’t exactly colourful but it reflected her mood and maybe if she dressed like some grieving widow the poor man her mother was trying to set her up with would run a mile.