Chapter 16: "It's not your fault."

Natalie's POV

Carter crying is more devastating then I thought. As Cole gave Carter some words of encouragement, Carter quickly wiped away his tears and walked towards me.

"Get in the car," he whispered. I obeyed, and got into the backseat. Carter got in the passenger seat upfront with Cole, and I got to sit with AJ, Kai, and Kent.

"H-How did the mission go?" I asked. Everyone was silent.

"It was successful," Carter sighed from the front seat. I nodded, and soon we pulled up to the house. Manny was now standing up, and rubbing his head. I got out of the car, and limped over to him.

"Are you okay Manny?" I asked.

"I'll need an ice pack, but other than that I'll be fine," He smiled.

"There's ice packs in the Infirmary," I stated. He thanked me, and walked inside the house. I felt an arm wrap around my waist, and when I turned around it was Carter.

"Come with me," he whispered. He lead me into the house, and into our bed. I then followed him into the bathroom, where he sat me on the counter top.

I looked at him as he got a wash cloth, and wet it down with cold water. He raised the cloth to my face, and gently pressed it against my bruising cheek. I winced, and he sighed. It was silent for awhile, and I just looked at his eyes.

"Your eyes are pretty," I smiled. He chuckled, and continued to hold the cloth to my cheek. I took the cloth out of his hand, and put it against his cheek. He gave a surprised look, and I just smiled at him.

"You help me, I help you," I smiled. He just smiled, and sighed.

"I'm sorry about my father," he frowned,"He's always been an abusive drunk. I just thought he stopped drinking."

"I'm sorry Carter," I apologized.

"About what?" he asked.

"If I would've told him the truth, then he wouldn't have hit you," I admitted.

"It's not your fault," he cooed, and stroked my hair.

"W-Why'd you cry?" I asked.

"My father has never hit me before," he paused,"I guess I was just....surprised."

We sat there in silence for a few minutes, before Carter cupped my face and kissed me. I was surprised by all of the sparks I felt, but I did kiss back. It was nice, and he is one h*ll of a kisser.

Our beautiful kiss was interrupted, by Kent coming in. He stopped in his tracks, and his eyes widened.

"Well, Well, Well," he smirked,"It was only a matter of time."

"What do you want?" Carter and I say in unison.

"Thomas and Dana are here," he announces,"It's urgent." Kent's voice hardened when he said urgent. I looked at Carter, and he looked at me. We all walked downstairs, well I limped, and we were met by a very distraught Thomas and Dana.

"What's wrong?" Carter asked, as he walked up to Thomas.

"Angelo has the kids," Thomas growled. Who's Angelo?

"What!?!" Carter boomed.

"Who's Angelo?" I whisper to Kent.

"He's a Gang Leader," Kent sighs,"Who's gang specializes in swords."

"Swords?"I question.

"Yep," Kent groaned. I tuned back into the conversation, and tried to process what was happening.

"Why'd you come to me?" Carter asked.

"All I'm asking for is just a little extra cushion, I just.." Thomas paused,"I need your help Carter."

"We'll help you," Carter replied,"Kent go round up the girls, and tell the guys to get their game faces on." Kent nodded, and went to go round up the troops

"I'm going to," Dana stated.

"Dana," Thomas warned.

"I'm going Thomas," she growled,"They're my kids too, and I'm a better sword fighter then you are."

"Fine," Thomas sighed,"But stay by me." Dana nodded, then hugged Thomas. This must be really hard for them. Soon Kai came in with a computer in one arm, and weapons in the other.

"Kai track Angelo please" Carter asked, while examining some of the weapons. Kai nodded, and typed away on his computer. I limped over to Carter, and he looked at me.

"I wanna go," I stated.

"Not happening," Carter sighed.

"Why not?" I pouted.

"Because you're injured," he confirmed.

"I can still shoot a gun," I acknowledged. Carter rubbed his face, and glared at me.

"No means no Natalie you're staying here, and that's final," he growled. I backed down, and sat on the couch next to Kai.

The girls, Kent, AJ, and Cole came in with sword and guns. I watched as the got geared up and loaded into the armored vehicles. Even Manny got to go. Carter walked over to me, and towered over.

"You know I wouldn't let you go if there was a good reason right?" He smirked.

"I know," I sighed. He kissed me on the cheek, and patted my head.

"I'll be home later," he assured. He began to walk away, but I grabbed his hand.

"Be safe, and bring back the twins" I sighed, and pulled him into a hug. He hugged back, and then pulled away.

He waved goodbye, then got into one of the armored cars. I watched as the cars pulled out of the driveway, and I went back into the house.

I'm gonna help whether Carter likes it or not. He thinks I'm weak, and I'm about to prove him wrong.

________
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

Please Comment & Vote.

Happy Holidays!!