chapter 9

L pov

We manage to get Misa Amane under our custody for blaming her manager for drug use and having her as an accomplice. After all, we have gathered enough evidence that Misa is the second Kira. Now all I have to do is get Light on the act and it'll be checkmate.

As we watch Misa whimpering Light finally got to base while me and (Y/n) were trying to narrow down how to get Kira now.

"Ryuuzaki what the hell are you doing to that Misa she says she's innocent. Even I know she's not that clever to kill maybe the second Kira got her to send all those same tapes by threatening to kill her." He said as he looked at us.

"Even so evidence is evidence she should report it as soon as she was done. Now if have nothing else to say please get back to work. We're trying to get her to confess." (Y/n) said as she looked back to the notes Kira has left.

"Ryuuzaki I know you're trying to prove I'm Kira! If you think I'm Kira then put me into a cell. I'll prove to you that I'm not Kira!" Light yelled at him.

"Ryuuzaki he does have a point if the killings stop while they're in confinement then we have our Kiras." (Y/n) said as she grabbed a strawberry from the bowl.

"Alright if this proves you're not Kira then we'll have to go back to the beginning. Also don't think this will get you something Light." I want Light to be Kira, that way I can protect (Y/n) from him. I still don't get why I have the impulse to keep her safe. Maybe Watari knows why.

Time Skip a Few days Later

After Light and Mr. Yagami were in solitaire confinement I went to Watari. Everyone was making sure nothing happen while I wasn't there.

"Watari can I ask you a question."

"Of course Mr. Ryuuzaki what is it that you need to know." He said as he looked away from the computers.

"Why is it that when I'm with (Y/n) I want to protect her? Even when she laughs or smiles my heart skips a beat. Plus when we were acting as a couple I felt sorta happy about it. What is this feeling?" He smiled at me once I told him this.

"Those things you just told me it's quite simple to explain. You're in love with miss (Y/n) and I don't blame you for liking her at all. She's smart, strong, and very beautiful. If I were you if tell her how you feel about her before it's too late." He said as I looked at him.

"I see but I don't know if she likes me back. We have been on this case for a few weeks now. I highly doubt she'll love me." I looked at him.

"Listen Lawliet if she didn't like you she wouldn't care about your health. Maybe she can help you out more than just this case but to open yourself a bit more as well." Watari said as he smiled at me.

'Maybe he's right maybe (Y/n) can help me after all.' I looked at the cameras and see that (Y/n) was going in the elevator.

(Y/n) pov

I got back from Misa's place and was going to Misa's cell since I told Ryuuzaki that she's still an important idol and model. I manage to get her shampoo and conditioner as well as some change of clothes for her.

"Hey, Misa I brought you some fresh clothes for you to take a quick shower. The only thing is that you'll have to be handcuffed and blindfolded doing that. Do you think you can cooperate while I help you?"

"Yes, I'll cooperate as long as I get a bath I don't care." She said as she sounded happy to hear to take a shower.

Mini time Skip

After having some problems with her blindfold I finally got her showered and dressed. I was brushing her hair as she began to talk about how the 'stalker' would do that to her after 15 days of being like that.

"Misa do you remember anything since we met."

"No nothing I only remember that Light would talk about how amazing you are. He even asked if we could be friends which I was a bit worried about if you didn't like me." I tied her hair the way she has it and took her back.

'So what Ryuk said about erasing the memory of the former holder wasn't a lie. But then again she could be hiding it.' Well reached her cell and Masuda was just leaving after finishing cleaning the cell.

"Sorry Misa for all this I'll try to convince him to let you go," I said as I strap her back into her seat.

"Alright, thanks for helping me (Y/n). "

"No problem. I'll be back as soon as I give Light his meal do you have anything to say to him?"

"Can you tell him I miss him?"

"Yeah, sure I'll tell him that. I'll be back with your food Misa." I left and went to check on Light now. Since they refused to eat these past few days I was in charge of making sure both of them ate. I got both of their meals and walked towards Light's first.

"Light I brought you food again."

"Hey thanks, you can leave it on the bed I'll eat in a little bit." He said as he sat on the floor.

"Hmph yeah right. Just sit on the bed I'll feed it to you since your hands are useless right now. Oh and Misa says she misses you." I said as kept holding his food. I began feeding him he seemed very different now like the old Light is back.

"Hey, Light can I ask you something?"

"Ask away no point in hiding it right?"

"Let's say Kira wants something better yet someone. And let's say this person knows about it and hides behind the police for protection. But then he or she is thinking of giving up and allows Kira to capture that person. How would you feel if that person did that to protect someone that person might have feelings for?"

"Hmmm, I guess I would go to Kira if it's to protect someone I love very deeply. If this person wants to give up their lives to protect that person then they are in love to the point they want to protect him or her." He said.

"I see that makes sense oh well it's just a random question that popped up today. I guess I'll see you later I have to give Misa her food now." I got up and kissed his forehead to see if there might be some reaction and left.

'So if these two aren't Kira then I'll do that plan by myself. I want to protect everyone and even if Ryuuzaki doesn't like me then I can at least protect him.' I walked away as if headed to give Misa her food.