Hit and Run Cat

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE...

______

Readers and Friends,
I just want to share with you a little thing that really touched my heart and moved me... It just happend yesterday when i was going home from work..

I was about one block away from my house when i saw a female cat got hit by a car... The car was backing up from a parking slot and the driver didn't notice that a female cat was sleeping under his car... Tas, nung umatras sya, nadaanan nung gulong nya yung pusa.... Nakita nya sa side mirror yung nasagasaan nya, emotionless lang sya, wala syang pakialam, tas humarurot na sya!

Because of so much pain, the female cat made a wailing cry, her face was covered with blood, perhaps her head got hit badly. She managed to stand up but she just fell down...

Again she made a long wailing cry like she was calling somebody..., she managed to stand up again, but then again she failed and after a moment she didn't move anymore...

That scene really moved me, tears dripped down from my eyes... I just felt her pain...! How painful it is to see yourself dying with no one beside you...! One moment you're so full of life, the next moment you're gone!

I was about to come closer to the dead cat to pick her up, suddenly i saw an older female cat, maybe her mother, came running towards her and said "meowwww!!!! meowwwww!!!!..." So i stopped and see what would the other cat would do..

The older female cat immidiately smelled her face down to her feet. Everytime she smelled her, she would look around and said, "meowwwww!!!!! meowwwww!!!!" as if she wanted to say, "who the hell did this to you?"

The next thing that shocked me, was when i saw the older female cat got on top of the dead cat's body, and gently massage her breast using her paws... Its like she was trying to revive her life... She tried to massage her more hoping she would come back to life, bu she failed.

I was really touched with the older cat's effort to bring her back to life but she didnt maDe it..

When she felt tired, she stopped massaging her breast and got down! She smelled her body once more, and made a long "meowwwwww!!! meowwwwww!!!"

She bit her neck and tried to carry her dead body away from passing cars but she didn't made it, maybe its too heavy for her... With full of grief, she just lay down beside her, keeping her company... She smelled her again on the head and said "meowwww!!! meowwww!!" Its like she was saying,. "anak, dito lang si Mama sa tabi mo, ha? Hindi kita iiwan! Mahal na mahal kita..!"

***
Para sa Driver ng Kotse:

Manong o kung sino ka man, yung nasagasaan nyong pusa kahapon dito sa Bansalangin St., patay na sya... You don't even care, you don't even stop para alisin sa kalsada yung nasagasaan mo, nang sa ganun hindi na ulit sya masagasaan pa ng iba pang dumadaan... Wala kang pakialam kasi pusa lang naman yun... Paano kung nangyari sa anak mo yun,. Kunyari, anak mo ang sinagasaan, tapos walang pakialam yung nakasagasa sa anak mo? Matutuwa ka ba? Di ba, hindi?

Manong, yung nasagasaan mong pusa, oo, hayop lang yun, pero may buhay yun! May pakiramdam yun, katulad mo,. Nakakaramdam ng sakit! Sana masagasaan ka ng truck, para malaman mo!

To all of you who read this, lets not be so cruel to animals... Animals, although they can't speak, they have also LIFE and FEELINGS just like you and me!

-m.a.enrique