CHAPTER 52 - TRITTEON

Another jolt forced me awake. I struggled to keep my eyes open. I almost didn't want to. But I was lying in the holding cell trench and someone stood in front of Daniel's cell, pressing buttons on the consul he shouldn't have been able to bring up in the first place.

The door hissed open and Daniel stepped out, rolling his shoulders and stretching his legs. He spotted his companion and they embraced.

"Impressive contingency planning leaving the key in the tunnel," the man said, flourishing his fingers, black key rings on his hand.

"They were ever so gracious to not go checking for it," Daniel grinned. "Getting out of here would have been a lot more complicated." He looked up. "What's the plan, Cort?"

Cort let off another one of his shrill whistles. I couldn't see them, but I heard the clacking of several clawed feet across the trench grates. A Carnac stepped into my peripheral, three more at its back.

Nothing else needed to be said as I listened to the thoughts of the creature in the lead. It had heard the girl say her destination to the Oria.

Daniel grinned, hearing the same thing. "Let's go get them. I'm ready to be done with this job."

* * * * * * * * * * *