Chapter 4

Alice's P.O.V.

  Francis's mood seemed to improve with what happened in the kitchen two days ago. Or so I thought. He was smiling on the outside but I knew there was something else wrong. Something he didn't want to tell me.

  "Francis are you alright?" I asked him. I had almost called him sir when I remembered that things were different now. I could no longer call him sir.

  "Quite fine, mon petit Alice." He said as he sat there consumed by his own thoughts. I sat down across from him and studied his face. There was something hidden in his facial expression that wasn't there two days ago. There was slight bags under his eyes as if he wasn't getting enough sleep. I was starting to worry about him. This wasn't normal for him.

  France's P.O.V.

  When Alice asked me if anything was wrong I knew I couldn't tell her. I couldn't tell her about the nightmares I've been having for the past few days. If I told her about the nightmares I would be telling her about my past that I wasn't very proud of. I used to have nightmares of my past but they disappeared once I met Alice two centuries ago. They were gone until now.

  The worst one woke me up at three in the morning.

  I was walking down a dark corridor with blood splashing on my legs every time I took a step. My sword was in my right hand and I dragged the tip through the blood not caring who's blood it belonged to. I got to the end of the hall and walked into the only door. When I entered the room it was littered with dead bodies. All these people had been killed with the sword in my hand.

  There were people that hung on the wall. Pinned there by their own swords. Walking to one of the nearest bodies that hung I noticed one of them still struggling. So instead of ending their life then, I went up to them and whispered in their ear. Thinking back on it I regret every word.

"Rappelez à chacun qui les a tués. Et leur dire que je ne serai jamais avoir la chance de les rencontrer en enfer." I hissed in his ear.

(Remind everyone who killed them. And tell them that I will never get the chance to meet up with them in hell because I will never die.)

  That's where the dream, or memory -  since it was one - always caused me to wake up. Every time I had that dream I woke up in a cold sweat. I regretted everything I did back then. And ever since I was out of that time I promised myself I would never be like that again. The only thing is, what happens if I have to become like that again in order to protect Alice? Would I risk it? Was her life really that important to me that I would risk ruining myself?

  Of corse it was. As long as Alice is alive I will do anything to keep her safe. Even if it mean I can never see her again. I will always keep her alive. I would do what ever it takes.