Chapter-16

Casino Royale, Los Angeles. A.K.A. Mafia Hotspot.

It was easy to spot Hale. He was dressed in a button-down shirt and jeans. Why did I ever bother to change? He was having his own fun at a blackjack table. And he was winning. This guy was incredibly lucky.

"He's counting the cards." Adrian said.

Or maybe he was incredibly smart. I walked towards him.

"Counting cards is illegal, you know." I said.

He looked up. He had messy brown-blonde hair and sea green eyes, he looked like a surfer, except for the body. He was lanky, lankier than Adrian.

"Are you one of his enforcers? You don't looks like one." He said, stumbling on his words. Except he wasn't scared. His eyes were cool and calm, like the Atlantic.

"No." I smiled.

"I've seen you. At LAIST. You were the topper of your class at computer science." His eyes widened with recognition.

"Yep," I said, my smile widening with pride.

He smiled back.

"Now, how did a girl like you get involved with bastards like them?" He asked.

"Long story, but the bastards need our help." I sighed.

He laughed. "No!"

"Boss's orders, you have a debt to pay off. And 25 million dollars if you can do it." Damien said, joining us at the table, the other players had left, looking extremely terrified. Antonio and Adrian walked towards us.

I could see dollar signs dancing in his eyes.

"So, are you in?" Adrian asked.

"I'm in." He replied.

Adrian smiled, "Good choice."

✴✴✴

An hour later we were seated at the dining table, with Adrian at the head. Isaac and I were seated next to him. We had spent the last hour talking about LAIST. He was nice. One of the few people from LAIST who weren't in thanks to their daddy's bank accounts.

The dining room was big enough to fit my entire class. The table was glass and mordern-looking. On the wall was a painting of the DeLucas. Well, two of them anyways. Adrian and Carelia. He didn't have any pictures of his father. Carelia's eyes shone with compassion. She truly was beautiful. Her eyes were blue though. Adrian looked like the cute kid from a horror movie. His face was delicate and cute, you could tell he was going to be handsome. But his eyes looked so much older, so much smarter. He was holding Carelia's hand.

Damien was seated next to me, while Antonio was next to Isaac.

I pulled out the printout and dumped it on the desk.

1993-Aug-21 00:00 13 00 35.11RA -00 22 35.7DEC

Adrian gestured for me to start talking.

"So I found this on Roy's computer." I started.

"Was it easy to find?" Adrian asked.

"It was in the same place I found the blueprints." I replied.

"Weird." Isaac mused.

"Why would that be weird?" Antonio asked.

"Because where she found the prints she had to have opened the entire file. He added it after the prints were stolen. If they were present before, Chevron would have seen it." Isaac replied.