Chapter 22: The Thoughts of Death

04.29.2016

Copyright © April 2016 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 22: The Thoughts of Death

Sandra Adele Rose

I asked him the question about cheating on me. I never really got to hear the story anyway. How could I forgive him if I didn't know where we stood a long time ago?

Everyone deserved the truth no matter how painful it would be. "Was she your girlfriend or something when you knew you where engaged...?" I asked anything but sincere.

"No it wasn't like that. She was just a friend but she took things to far." He said. I knew there was more to the story but he wasn't ready for me to know or he wants to forget about it all and carry on as if nothing ever happened.

I stopped walking at some point. Honestly, deep down I wished he was never Adeline's father, she would be ashamed to be related to him. He isn't man enough.

All the ice cream walks, park walks and photos they would have taken together once Adeline was on her feet... That was all in my imagination and it shattered into tiny fragments.

"Your a coward." He let me take all the blame for his mistakes. He didn't even defend me. I was the bad person.

Walking away now was easier than five years ago because it's all different now. I opened the door and left it open a bit as I went in.

Leah had packed her bag and dressed her in the bright pink Nike tracksuit Liam bought along with all the other things.

Right. Confused? Ok, rewind back 12 hours.

It was past 8 in the evening, Adeline's asleep. Liam had just told me that he wanted to take the test. What test though? He's not related to her in any form.

"I don't understand." I told him after a lifetime of silence.

He put both hands on each side of my face and drew me closer to his. "Sandra, I know you shouldn't trust me, but do you trust me a little?" His words made me think he was talking to himself at first. I was confused, but I couldn't deny that I did. I did trusted him a little, so I nodded.

He pulled me into a comforting hug. He was so warm and I could feel his heart faintly beating against mine. "Come on, let's go outside." I was confused yet again as he dragged me outside into the hallway.

Surprisingly, I was attacked by his mother. She pull me into a hug while I thought she was ready to fight again. "Are you okay? I'm sorry about your father, Leandro was a good man." My arms hung beside me all along. She let go of me as I nodded.

"We have lost a good friend too." Liam's dad said coming to join his wife. "It's a shame he underestimated you."

"What do you mean underestimated?"

"He must have thought you were trying to get some money off him."

It's a shame I didn't get to know him otherwise I wouldn't have all these bad things to say about him.

When I found out the reason why they were here, I almost fainted. Liam explained and convinced them to take a blood test.