16

Picture of Keith and Kody above {Keith on the left & Kody on the right} ^! (Just imagine Keith with dimples)

XAVIER'S POV

"Wait how old are you both again?" I asked, curiously.

Only because they both looked so young yet so old at the same time.

"We're both twenty-three," Keith answered with a small smile as his eyes traveled towards Starbucks, landing on Thea and his twin brother, Kody who were messing around as they both waited for their order. "But, I'm older than Kody by five minutes."

My mouth formed into a perfect 'o' as I nodded before closing my mouth.

We have walked all the way to the mall since Kody didn't want to drive in his dad's car and I somehow lost my car keys amongst my clothes back in Thea's room. I made a mental note that I would need to find it before we returned home. I sighed, my hands running down my face as I remembered the conversation I had with my parents before I left.

"Xavier, you don't need to be there," my mom had said, concern plastered on her face. "You don't need to see Thea's parents."

"Her dad requested me to accompany her," I had replied, clenching and unclenching my jaw. "And if it brings back her memories, then I would give up anything and everything."

My mom bit her lip, looking at my dad who hadn't even said a word during the conversation but only looked at me with disappointment. I rolled my eyes, expecting that look from my dad since I was basically used to it ever since I was fifteen, not living up to his expectations yet he didn't check on me or my school grades.

"Xavy, are you leaving me?" my sweet little sister, Kiki, had asked sadly.

It pained me to see my little sister sad because my parents had never really paid any attention to her since they were so busy.

"I'll be back before you know it, sweet pea," I answered with a smile.

"Promise?" she had asked with her pinky out.

I chuckled and nodded, hooking my pinky with hers before locking the promise with our thumbs. Kiki leaped in excitement before rushing back upstairs where our butler was meeting her to help her clean her room. I looked at my parents who only sighed heavily, my dad walking away towards his office whereas my mom kissed my forehead before following him.

"Xavier, do you know them?" Keith asked, nudging me as it brought me out of my world in the process.

I looked up to see three girls whispering to each other and pointing their phones at me, assuming to either Snapchat me or take a photo of me. If I hadn't met Thea, I would go up to them and use my best pick up lines and easily flirt with them to make them swoon at my feet but now, I felt like my perspectives had changed. So instead of flashing them the smile, I let my eyes travel towards Thea who was looking at her bottle of water with satisfaction.