chapter 12

"What?" Lauren mumbled.

"Who is she?" Camila asked shaking Lauren's shoulder, breaking her out of her trance.

Lauren cleared her throat looking back at the worried brown eyes.

"You remember the girl I'd bring back to the bus, the one that I wouldn't let kiss me?"

"The girl you kicked out." Camila muttered to herself feeling jealous. "That's her?" She asked as she reread Dinah's text.

"Why does she smell like cinnamon?" Camila asked confused.

"To cover up the smell of... thats besides the point." Lauren said feeling frustrated as she rose from her chair. "I need to get out of here."

"What does she want with you?" Camila asked grabbing her hand. "Aren't things over?" She looked at Lauren more seriously with a warning glance.

"They are over right?"

"God, yes Camila." Lauren sighed. "According to her we have unfinished business."

"What is she going to do? Yell at you even more?" Camila laughed. She stopped once she saw Lauren's nervous glance.

"She runs around in the wrong crowd. Shes not exactly.. Civil. Shes been sending me threatening messages and I figured she wasn't serious, but her tracking me down and finding us here..."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Camila interrupted her angrily.

"I didn't want to worry you." Lauren explained.

Camila held out her hand so Lauren could show her the messages. Lauren immediately handed her phone over and watched Camila scroll through her messages thread.

"What the fuck. What is her problem?" Camila asked angrily.

There were so many more threatening texts that she couldn't bear to read anymore because she already felt sick. She gave Lauren her phone back who stuck in back in her pocket.

"I honestly don't know," Lauren said uneasily. "I really wasn't too nice to her... so maybe she's just holding a grudge."

"Ha! A grudge? That's funny." Camila muttered. "She probably wants you back." She said with an angry expression.

Lauren burst out in laughter. "Want me back? I highly doubt it. Someone who likes someone doesn't threaten to kill them. Either way, she's straight."

"Are you straight?"

Camila found herself surprised at her own abrupt question. She actually felt glad she finally asked. She didn't know what they were. Lauren's eyes widened and she coughed nervously.

"I.... Are you?"

Camila gulped. From the corner of her eye she saw Ally pretend not to listen as she continued signing CD's giving them privacy.

"I'm definitely not straight." Camila admitted softly. Lauren nodded as she bit her lip.

"I'm honestly so confused. I haven't really come to terms if I like girls or not... I think i'm still straight." Lauren explained nervously. Camila felt a jab pierce through her heart.

Camila was about to ask how Lauren could ever be possibly straight when they connected so well together, when they would pull all nighters because they couldn't get enough of each other. How their lips barely left each other. She wanted to yell at her, but she stopped once Lauren pulled out her phone seeing a new text.