Chapter 13

Alyssa's POV

Drew.

That's all I could think of. I had gotten so engrossed into my mate that I had totally forgotten about my boyfriend! What kind of a person was I? A tinge of guilt consumed me as I pulled back from Chace, putting a certain distance between our two frames.

I sensed as Chace's figure tensed beside mine. A low growl escaped his lips as he elevated himself from his seat to face his third in command.

"Do not grant him permission, take the warriors and secure the patrols, I won't permit him on our lands."

"WHAT?" I panicked, getting off the hospital bed in just the loose layer of fabric of the hospital blue gown. "You have to let him in Chace! He is my boyfriend!"

"No he's not! I am your mate!" he argued back, turning around to face me.

"Oh really? So I am your mate now? Well you should have thought of that the day you rejected me!" I snapped back.

"You know how much I regret that, let me make it up to you Al, you don't need him." He pleaded, making me scoff.

"He was there for me when no one was. He picked me up when YOU threw me down. He makes me happy, why should I break his heart and throw that all away for you Chace. He doesn't deserve that." He rubbed his hands over his face, clearly frustrated with himself.

"Look, I know I don't deserve it Alyssa, but you're mine forever, and that's never going to change. So I wouldn't waste my time fighting about this." He turned around once again to face his third in command, but I abruptly tugged on his hand, making him face me once again.

"If you don't let him enter I will leave. He is my boyfriend Chace, he has a right to stay." I glared up into his eyes, giving him a knowing warning. His eyes turned black and in an instant I was backed up against the bed.

"YOU WILL NOT LEAVE ME. MINE" he growled, giving a clear indication of his wolf coming forward and taking over. I pushed him back with all the strength I could.

"I am not yours, you will not boss me around Chace" I said super gently. At my words his eyes returned to the normal colour, and he maintained the distance between us.

"I am not letting him in Al, I can't-"

"Too late" A voice interrupted his own, making our heads snap in the other direction. A look of surprised passed through both our faces as we saw Drew standing by the door oh so casually.

"Drew? How did you-"

"I'm beta to the strongest pack in the United States Al. Did you really think I couldn't get through a few week pups on patrol? Quite frankly, I've had a rough few weeks without my girlfriend and my mind has constantly been troubling me with constant images of the both of you so don't blame me for showing up. I mean, I think it's safe to say that if any man's girlfriend would be going back to their mate's land they would be worried." He chuckled walking past Chace's friend over to me, where he put his familiar arms around my waist and pulled me to him. I realised that I was probably in the most awkward position anyone could have ever been in. I smiled a little, feeling happy that my boyfriend was with me. But a bigger part of me had forgotten about the rage I was feeling towards Chace and instead felt uncomfortable in the arms of someone else apart from our mate.

Chace's reaction was instant as he growled and glared at a smiling Drew.

"Get. Your. Hands. Off. Her." He growled, having no effect on Drew whatsoever.

"Why should I? I mean, she is my girlfriend" He replied casually, whilst I stood silent between the two. I could sense Chace's wolf surfacing again. That is when I decided to step in, moving out of Drew's embrace.

"Will the both of you please shut up!" At this their eyes turned towards me. "Chace, I will be leaving the hospital now, seeing as I'm completely healed. You will go back to your Alpha duties and Drew, you will come with me."

"There will be no chance of that. As the Alpha, I still haven't granted him permission onto my grounds. Which means, you should leave pup" He growled, his eyes meeting Drew's.

"Oh I won't be going anywhere Winchester. If you want war with the biggest pack in America then go ahead."

"STOP!" I interrupted once again. My pleading eyes met Chace's, giving him a soft pleading look. "Please." That's all I asked. His form was rigid for a while before he softened up, and left the room with a huff.

I turned around to see Drew, but before I could utter a word, I felt his lips collide with mine.

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter but there it is! There seems to be some heated tension between Chace and Drew. Who do you think Alyssa will pick?? Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and let me know what you think!!

Picture of Drew to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha