24 // Writing Prompts Special - Fantasy

1. A working-dad desperate for money to feed his family turns to robbery, only to find that he's chosen a wizard as his victim.

2. "I will make trophies of their spines."

3. A woman receives an anonymous package that contains only a shiny stone and a note with the address of a nearby, infamous landmark.

4. During an excavation, an archeologist stumbles on what he believes are the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas to betray Jesus.

5. After falling asleep during history class, a teen wakes up to find his school and town apparently abandoned, for what looks like years.

6. "I saw what was in his mind. I know what he's planning."

7. "If I'm late for potions class again, I'm going to fail."

8. A young man takes over his ailing father's business - raising dragons that they sell to the worlds wealthiest as pets.

9. Out catching fireflies on their family's farm on a hot summer evening, two little girls accidentally capture a fairy instead.

10. You have stumbled across a wand an an instructional manual.

11. "He was angry, so angry that even his own power scared him."

12. A therapist's newest patient turns out to not be joking when he says he's a superhero.

13. After buying a used camera on eBay, a photographer sees the same man's face in every one of her photographs.

14. A new mom discovers that her baby has superpowers, namely — telekinesis.

15. "I am not an innocent little girl anymore."

16. You run an orphanage for children who are only part human.

17. You declare to the heavens that you will never fall in love. Aphrodite herself took it as a challenge.

18. In the end, they were all made of flesh that could be cut, and bones that could be broken.

19. Custom states that when you come of age, you enter a dream state that will show you how you die. What you see horrifies you more than you could ever imagine.

20. "Sticks and stones may build a throne but you'll be up there all alone."