Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Heath King's POV

I woke up feeling like someone is hammering my head. It's aching so much. A groan escaped my mouth as I sat up and rubbed my temples. Hangover! Stupid fucking hangover! God! Then I remembered something. I was at the club last night like regular, drinking to the point that I get lost to let out the pain. How did I come home? Maybe George brought me home. That must be it.

Then I remember why I am drinking. I never used to drink out of control, but last night I just lost it. I still remember how I went to her house before two weeks and made a scene there. What must she be thinking of me right now? I am so fucking messed up! Shit! Although I didn't stop sending her the roses, I just feel so guilty for doing it that day. Slowly I am loosing hope about winning her back.

Shaking my head, I put my feet down on the floor and found an advil a glass of water on the night stand. Maria, never forgets to keep them both there. These past few days it has become so frequent.

The time when she said the words our chapter ended, I felt like someone tore a part me and cut my heart into pieces. This must be how she felt. I deserve all this. I deserve all this pain and every other pain that if she want to implement on me. I wanted to loudly shout back that day OUR CHAPTER DIDN'T END. IT WILL NEVER! But what right do I have to say that?

I stood up and went to have a bath. I stare my reflection in the mirror. My beard grew more. But who cares. I didn't have the mood to shave. I brush my teeth and bathed before coming out feeling fresh. Coming out of my room, I went down and then to the dining room. I sat down on the chair in the dining table.

Maria came out with a grin on her face while pushing the trolley with food. I gave her a confused look. She looks so happy today.

"You look so happy today", I said as she served the breakfast on my plate.

"Of course, I am Mr. King. I think you are very happy too". Now I am more confused.

"Why would I be?". Her grin faded once I asked her that and she frowned at me.

"You don't remember what happened last night?", she asked.

"What happened last night?", I asked even though I don't bother. Just as she was about to answer, my phone rang. I picked it up and she closed her mouth seeing that I attended the call. It is a call from my assistant. "Yes Wilson". He called to remind me of the meetings that I have today. I have an important meeting today and I need to be there soon. I cut the call and quickly ate the breakfast before getting up.

"Mr. King", Maria called as I was walking out of the dining room.

"Not now Maria, I have an important meeting today", I said taking quick paces from dining to living room.

"But Mr. King. Just wait for a minute", she said running after me. This is annoying. I was almost at the front door. I turn back to look at her and found Maria.

"What is it that is so important?!", I almost shouted at her and she looked dumbstruck for a minute before moving a side from the view she was blocking me. My eyes widened at what I saw.

Celestine?!

There lying on my living room sofa is Celestine. My Celestine! There is a blanket on her and she moved a little on the sofa to sleep comfortably. Celestine? Here? What is she doing here? How did she get here? Did do something stupid again? Oh shit! Oh fucking shit! I look back at Maria and found her smiling.

"She brought you here last night. You were so drunk. We both carried you upstairs. I don't know how you both met last night. She thought to leave, but it was raining heavily, so I told her to stay here and go in the morning", she explained. But how did we both meet last night? I tried to remember hard, then everything clicked. I called her last night when I was drunk and knew she came. But after that I don't.