The first echo

Their faces only centimetres apart, Ella's heart was beating so loud she could hear it in her ears. Kit broke the silence between them still staring into her warm brown eyes.

"Who are you?" He said barely louder than a whisper. Suddenly, as Ella opened her mouth to answer him the five minutes to midnight echo came. Her eyes widened.

"Find me in the farm house south of the town, in the attic. Please I have to go." She said gathering her dress and sitting up from the swing. And rushing out the door, into the old corridor filled with ivy and rose pink roses.

It was al going to fast for Kit he had just found his love only to have her taken away again. His heart ached for her long golden hair, warm brown eyes, skin as soft as a newborns and lips he hoped to kiss one day hoping tiday would be that day. Seeing her pass the last window he ran after her and entering the large maze in the centre of the Royal Garden, after her.

"Wait, please wait." He said over again Ella tried to block out his voice but it did not work his voice was the only thing she wanted to hear, and to feel his strong arms warm her from the cold midnight air and lift her in the air like the way they danced only three hours ago. Time went so fast around him, too fast for her liking.

Three minutes to midnight bell rang making her go even faster hearing Kit's fast foot steps only a few  meters behind her his voice still echoing in her mind. Finally entering back into the ball room to be swept in a four directions and running up the stairs to almost crash in to the King. 

"Your majesty, I'am so sorry, your son Kit is one of the kindest and bravest I know and he loves you very much." She gasped "Excuse me." Running away through the corridor, seeing Kit half way up the stair case dashing towards them.

As Ella ran through the long corridor she heard the two minutes to midnight "No,no,no,no." She muttered opening the doors to the palace courtyard and looking behind her to see Kit still a few meters away. Lifting up her many layered dress running down the stairsinto the middle of the courtyard the clock rang one minute to midnight, carried on running finally getting to the stairs down to her coach. As she ran down the stairs the midnight bell rang, her coach turned back in to a pumpkin, the mice grew large ears, the goose grew his beck back and lizards got tails.

She stooped half way down the stairs as she saw what was happening, turning to see the prince at the top of the stairs staring at the changing coach. When everything had changed back he moved towards her. She had no where to go she was to out of breath to run anymore, Ella turned and looked at her feet see  the dirty and ripped pink dress but the glass slippers the fairy godmother had given her where still on her feet and glistening in the midnight moonlight. Kit placed his hand on her left shoulder and stood on her right.

"I'am not a princess, just a girl that thinks she loves you."she said turning to him.

"You are a princess to me, even in this old and dirty dress and I have never seen someone so beautiful like you see." He said placing a hand on her cheek. "Tell me who you are?" He asked staring into her brown eyes.

"My name is... Ella. Will you take me as I'am." She asked worried about the answer he would give her. He was just about answer her when.

"Cinderella!" A female voice roared from the top of the stairs, it was Ella's stepmother and her two daughters. Ella and Kit turned to look at her as she walked towards them. "What are you doing with the Prince." Kit stepped in front of Ella. At the top of the stairs was the Captain and the Grand Duke.

"Captain, please excuse these women from the palace." Kit shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"We are not leaving with out her." She claimed narrowing her eyes at him.

The Captain called for their coach, when it arrived they walking around them she quickly grabbed Ella by her forearm. "No, Kit." Ella shout leaning forward trying to grab is hand before being thrown in to the carriage, the door slammed shut and the horses galloped. It was going to fast for him one minute she was in his arms then the next she had been thrown in to a carriage. 

"Captain, my horse." He commanded.

"Your highness, the King needs you here." The Grand Duke said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"So dose Ella. Captain my horse." Removing the Dukes hand from his shoulder. "And Captian come with me, my father will be fine for the while I'm gone." The Captian walked towards the stables and the Grand Duke returned to the ball. When the Captain returned to Kit with his and his own horse, Kit got on without a word and once the Captain was on Kit went as fast as his horse would take him.