The Discovery

Love is something we don't usually feel at first. There is no "love at first sight" because eventually, it would always be healed by a second sight. Jhaii, a senior high school student seemed to be fooled by love. She believed that love is great at every aspect. She would always look at a certain guy and wished he's mine. She always dream of meeting her prince charming at an uncertain day in the future. Mesmerized with this concept, she finally saw this guy. As he stood up one Sunday morning and introduced himself, she couldn't look away anymore. Her stare was locked upon this new guy at the church. His name is "Five" To her amazement, he was a younger brother of Arianne, someone she's very close with. He looked at her and captivated her with a smile.

"Oh gosh, my heart is pounding very fast!" she told herself. As soon as the service was done. She glanced at him and saw that he was being introduced to every member of the church. She tried to distance herself a bit, took courage at pasimpleng lumapit sa bandang malapit sila. As she was expecting, her time finally came, she was introduced to him with matching shake hands.
It was but short moment, pero ramdam niya ang saya at kilig. From that moment on, she daydreams about him. This 16 year old teenager knew it wasn't love but just a fling or a plain infatuation. He wasn't one of the "tall, dark and handsome" type of guys. But she knew deep within her heart that this guy is not one of the guys who would break her heart, instead, she sees him as the one who would mend it.
Five, 17, is a fresh college student of Criminology student at the University of the Cordilleras. He came from a mountainous province of which she's very familiar of since his dad was raised from the same province.
"How come I never saw him there?" she asks herself onetime.
She hoped and prayed that he will be the one.
She suddenly smirked at herself when she thought of a plan which requires her great skills- her skills of stalking. And she did.

She was at the church reading one time when she glanced at Arianne's phone. She asked permission to look over. Little did Arianne know that she was planning to take Five's number. And she succeeded.
"The universe must give me this chance once and for all!" she blurted out.
She saw him that day and their eyes connect once more. Slowly, a smile was painted on her face. A smile which she hopes won't be erased. Every single member would then start to notice them. And no matter what Jhaii and Five might say, it is still a big "No No!" Bounded by rules, they have to abide. He was captivated by Five's gaze.
There was a certain day when Five stood up in front of congregation and started singing melodiously. Her heart melted once more. Looking at this innocent guy, she couldn't help but to fall for him even more.
One night, she went outside their house and looked at the stars and wondered if Five will be his. She popped out her phone and started conversing with him. She started by talking in their language. Five replied with a response she could no longer understand. She felt that she had to admit that her vocabulary is out of order as of the moment. He laughed and knew it was her. That night, he finally told her "I love you!" Jhaii without a doubt seconded his motion and told their good nights.
For weeks, everyone would notice their eye contacts as both of them sang on stage. Kyle, Five's friend told Jhaii to be aware of Five's eyes. She was shocked with such a revelation. "What eyes?" she asked. "That's the reason girls fell for him back at our place. Beware," he says. Upon hearing that, she had to distance herself and be careful not to fall for him, it seemed that she doesn't want to be fooled out. She wanted to watch him from afar, to know more of who he is. They still talk nonsense stuffs and smiles as they see each other but not as special as it was before. She wanted to be cautious.