Chapter 10

Ceaser didn't know what to do after his mum had mistakenly blurted out that he was married.

Jules had tried her best to mask her emotions but he saw it like it was displayed in broad daylight. She looked surprised for one and unsure which made him wonder.

Unsure of himself or herself?

Surprised, he could give her that. He hadn't wanted to mention it to her, not yet anyway. And he wasn't sure if he ever was going to mention it to her at least for as long as he could avoid the topic.

Ceaser watched as Jules chatted with his mum but as much as he wanted to know what they were saying; his father's old friend – Drew McGuire – wouldn't stop talking.

Eric Thompson looked at his son's dilemma between giving his full attention to his old friend Drew and the Lady he had brought with him. He smiled a knowing smile.
"Son?"

Ceaser looked at his dad across the table.

"I'd like to have a word with you."

"Of course, dad."

The two men got up. Ceaser was more than happy to leave the company of Drew McGuire but surprised himself when he looked down at Jules who was now looking up at him.

"Don't worry." His mother said, "I'll look after her."

"Thank you, mum." He said smiling at Jules.

Ceaser and Eric made their way to the open bar getting comfortable with a drink in their hand. Ceaser found himself tracing his way back to their table, his gaze landing on Jules still in conversation with his mum.

"She is something," Eric said as he looked at his wife deep in conversation with Jules.

Ceaser smiled, his gaze locked on Jules.

When he had told Claire to pick out a dress and send it to her, he knew he was making a mistake. So that's why he told Claire to call a designer instead and have them bring a couple of options for a charity ball. He had selected the red dress at first glance and it turned out to be her perfect size. He knew it would look good on Jules but he was so wrong.

That dress didn't look good on her. She made the dress look good. The dress seemed to be even more beautiful than the first time he saw it.

"She is." He agreed with his dad as he kept on staring at her.

"So, son, there's a reason behind why you bought that company. I want to know." Eric said after snapping out of the spell Selene put him.

Ceaser scoffed.

Typical of his dad wanting to know everything that goes on in his life.
Ceaser thought.

"Dad, all you need to know is that I can handle it."

"I know you can. But for once, why can't you tell your old man."

"If you had asked this question when I bought other companies, I'd have told you. But this is personal dad, I'll tell you when the time comes."

Eric sighed.
"Fine. Have it your way. But tell me if you need anything, okay?"

"Of course, dad."

"So, how are the other companies doing?" Eric asked his son.

"Excuse me, I need to use the ladies." Jules excused herself from Selene's company and the table making a beeline straight to where she guessed the 'Ladies' room was located.

On her way back to the table, she couldn't help noticing the door that led to the balcony which she hadn't seen the first time. She didn't want to return to the party just yet, so she gave into the temptation as the silky curtain's movement from the little breeze drew her like she was being hypnotized.