18.

My laughs erupted and echoed across the now deserted stadium.

"It's true. I peed my pants and it was the most embarrassing day of my kindergarten life." Theo chuckled alongside my witch-like cackles.

Yeah. I'll admit it. Theo's laugh trumped mine any day of the week.

For the past ten minutes we've went over his most embarrassing moments and the one about him wetting his nap-time rug in kindergarten just took the cake.

I looked over to him as he was clutching his stomach and trying to breathe after laughing so hard and I was doing the same, but I couldn't help but notice the little twinkle that was left behind in his perfectly brown eyes.

This was a side to Theo that I haven't been able to see yet and I was grateful for finally being able to see it up close. It made me happy that I was the reason behind him being so carefree and laughing for once.

But sadly my big mouth got in the way of that.

"What about your family?" The words kind of just spilled out before I could stop them.

My nosy self couldn't stop from what it wanted to know.

His smile slipped off his lips and the twinkle that I had grown to adore had vanished from his orbs. I mentally slapped myself for being like this and for swiping the happy Theo away.

He sat up straighter and cleared his throat looking like he was about to tell me his whole past.

"I've got a mom and a dad. One big brother. You know, typical family." He shrugged before leaning his elbows onto his knees and held his head on his folded hands. This was a complete opposite of the Theo I had just seen a few minutes ago and I felt terrible that I'm the one responsible.

"I'm sorry, Theo. I shouldn't have asked." I reached out and touched his arm and he instantly turned towards me.

He sat there for a second looking at my my hand on his arm looking like he was wondering if it was real. I watched his facial features soften for a near second before it went back to the original.

"No," He reached up and took my hand into his own and watched our hands as he ran his thumb over my fingers. "I said you could ask anything. If you want to know about my family, I'll tell you."

He took a deep breath before leaning back in his chair and interlacing our fingers. To say my heart felt like it was running a thousand miles per minute was an understatement. What was this boy doing to me?

"So...let's start from the beginning, shall we?" He chuckled but it sounded almost bitter.

"My mother and father had both came from extremely wealthy families. They were both only children and when they were old enough they were to receive an inheritance, but when the time came for them to leave for college their parents let them in on some interesting news.

That they wouldn't be getting any money unless they both agreed to an arranged marriage. If they declined they'd never see their money and also be disowned. So my parents married, and two years later my brother was born and then three after that I was. We had a good childhood. We were well taken care of by the staff, went to the absolute best schools, and we were given everything we ever wanted.

Unfortunately we only really saw my parents during holidays, their publicity events or when something bad had happened. They were more like business partners than they were husband and wife. They were constantly at the office, and merely just seemed to be acquaintances.