𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

❝in the meantime

in the meantime.

↠↠↠

After what happened in front of the White House in 1973, both Raven and Lydia had become well known and much loved mutants. They were seen as heroes, the people who saved both human and mutant kind alike. They both became the symbol of a new age, the face of a world that will never be the same again.

After renovating the Xavier mansion for another year, Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters started up again. Lydia was thrilled that she would be able to help out kids who needed to come to turns with their powers and needed help to control them. Phone calls flooded in, over two dozen parents called in the first week to enroll their mutant child or children into the school. Charles, Lydia and Hank welcomed them with open arms.

Charles came up to Lydia the day the school opened and asked her if she would like to help the students control and come to terms with their powers. Lydia was thrilled to be able to help other mutants to control their powers and to show them that being a mutant was a gift, not a curse. Charles felt that Lydia was ready, that she could control her powers even if her life depended on it.

Lydia also called up Peter Maximoff and vis versa and the two had met up a couple of times throughout the first five years. But as the school grew, so did Lydia's schedule and she soon didn't have time to meet up with Peter. And so, the two ended out losing contact. She knew she'd miss the speedster more than anything, but Lydia had to become selfless and put other mutants needs before her own.

That, and Lydia Xavier didn't really know how to explain to Peter Maximoff that she now had a mutant daughter.