Rejected, Replaced & Forgotten - chpt. 3

Chapter three

Livy

            "Darling? What's wrong?" My mother asked as she saw me come inside the house. The other werewolves passed by, not sparing me a second glance. I sniffled and rushed into my mother's arms, letting her stroke my back.

            We moved up stairs to my room where I pushed all of Leah's stuff off of my bed and sat down, pulling my comforter around me. My mother came in after me with a cup of hot chocolate and a worried expression.

            "Olivia, please talk to me. What's wrong?"

            I bit my lip and felt a few hot tears trickle down my cheeks, "I—I met my mate."

            My mother gasped and reached for my hand, "Who is it?"

            I set my hot chocolate down and looked out of the window, "Alpha Emerson."

            My mother gasped again, "What happened? Are you sure?"

            "I—he—I'm sure. When I looked at him it was like—it was so perfect. Time just stood still and my wolf claimed him instantly. But he—he rejected me. He just pretended I didn't exist, and I—no one believes me!"

            My mother looked close to tears, "My poor baby, I'm so sorry Olivia. I believe you darling, I really do. You would never mistake the meeting of your mate—it's too strong. Maybe he was just shocked."

            I shook my head, "No—he knew what he was doing. He kissed Leah right in front of me and I—" I choked and couldn't continue feeling my stomach clench in pain. My mother reached for me and I leaned my head in the crook of her neck. As she played with my hair I stared out of the window, a million things running through my mind.

            "I don't know why he would reject you, my beautiful daughter. So strong yet so reserved, you are perfect." She kissed the top of my head but I kept my gaze on the trees outside of my window, not wanting to think about anything else. It was all too painful.

            "I think I just need some time alone," I whispered. My mother looked at me sympathetically before nodding and taking the empty mugs before she left.

            I laid down on my bed and stared out of the window, wondering what I would do next. I could either stay in the pack house and watch as Leah and Cole grew closer and be in an unimaginable amount of pain, I could end it all and kill myself, or I could leave. The first one wasn't going to happen, I would not stay and watch my mate lay with another. When I thought about killing myself I felt as though it was too cowardly, I didn't want to die, not until I had lived. So I was left with only one option.

            I kicked off my blanket and grabbed a duffle bag before shoving all of my things into it, not bothering to fold my clothes. I made sure I had everything and snuck across the hallway and into Cole's room. The Alpha's room was forbidden to pack members, but I didn't care. I wouldn't be around to suffer the consequences anyways.

            I inhaled his scent and felt my wolf whimper. She was just as heartbroken as I was. I looked around before finding what I was looking for. On a corkboard was a picture of Cole and my brother. I plucked it off the wall and shoved it into my pocket before turning and leaving the room.

            I walked back into my room and scribbled down a quick goodbye, leaving it on my bed. I figured leaving through the front door would be impossible so I left through my widow. I hit the ground with a low thud and started to run. Living in Astoria meant that we were right beside the water. I immediately headed for the beach.