Chapter 41: Convenient

The boys kept me company while I composed myself. I hated that I did that in front of them, but I was grateful that they were there for me. My pack was there for me.

We walked downstairs where Nessa was waiting for me with eyes that looked more annoyed than anything. "Ness?"

"The witches are here."

"God, what did they do?"

"Made a pass at Drew," she grumbled.

"I'll speak to them, I'm sorry Nessa."

"It's alright," Nessa replied. "Just get me some wine."

I laughed lightly and nodded. "I can do that."

My first concern was Aaron and Amber; I started walking toward the kitchen when the pack doors opened and the three old bats walked in with Justin and Drew eyeing them then me with pleas of help.

"Luna."

"Charlotte."

"Hello."

I bit back a groan and nodded to Drew and Justin. "Thank you."

"Is this?"

"Everette?"

"The youngest?"

I narrowed my eyes at Ragna as Evan's hair started to raise. "We have quite a few questions for you."

Pack wolves were coming in and out of the house, minding their own business and not minding the blue haired witch staring back at me. The breeze flew through the house, carrying with it scents of sugar off of them that made me have to bite back another growl.

"Ragna?" Dagny said.

"We heard there was a sighting?" Ragna asked.

"That's right, and we have a scent that we would like you all to look at."

"Really?" Melinda asked. "That's good, that's good news."

"It is," I replied, my eyes still not leaving Ragna's. "We can settle you three in after we look at it."

Some females walked in right as Evie walked with Aaron and Amber out of the kitchen. Aaron was actually smiling at the vampire and Amber's shoulders were not as hunched as they were before. My lips started to twitch as my beast approved of the sight; the road to heeling would be a long one for them, but at least it looked like they started.

Whispers.

I heard whispers carried in the breeze through the house. Various wolves had stopped and looked at the Browning wolves; eyes wide and mouth's moving quickly to each other, spilling words that stirred a pot of anger in me.

"Excuse me," I told the witches, my eyes not leaving the group of females that were murmuring to each other.

My feet carried me over to them while Evan and Jake stood next to the witches. Aaron had paused and looked over at me, but I paid them no mind. The females felt me coming, they felt me coming because I let my beast surge closer so she could remind them who it was they would be speaking to.

Their skin twitched and lips froze when they all turned to me. I stopped and looked them over, my wolf slightly raising her hackles in my mind. "It looked like you were having a lovely conversation, care to tell me about it?"

"Luna, it was nothing of concern."

"I beg to differ, now tell me what it was that you were saying?"

"Well Luna," a skinny brunette said. "With all due respect, why are they here? Their parents–their parents–"