Chapter Two

Collin's POV

After school ended, I walked towards the principal's office to meet up with Nick for detention. I began to slow down once I saw him, and then we walked in together.

"Hey," I mumbled.

"Hey. Did you find out about Vince?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"He doesn't want to talk about it," I said. Then, the principal, Mr. Fredricks, walked out of his office, made eye contact with us, and motioned us in through his doors.

We followed him into the detention room, a room that we spent much of our after school hours in, and we both took our usual seats.

"Alright boys, you two are in here until 4:30. Have fun," Mr. Fredricks said sarcastically. He shut the door behind us and left us in a room filled with emptiness.

"So what exactly did Vince say?" Nick asked, taking off his back pack straps and grabbing his phone from his pocket.

"He told me to fuck off and then he called me a faggot," I said, getting my phone from my backpack.

"He's a moody guy. I mean he's a dick most of the time... Sometimes he's chill, mostly when he's high tho. Don't take it too personally, Collin." Nick said, reassuring me. I laughed sarcastically.

"Are you fucking kidding, Nick? He hates me. He doesn't even understand that for two fucking years I've liked him, and he thinks I don't care. I know he's straight, okay? I get that. But when he's rude to me it just hurts." I argued. It was nice to let out my feelings.

"Two years?" Nick asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, two years. Stupid, right?" I asked, becoming delusional.

"No, not stupid. It's just. You need to work on giving up on him. You can't love a straight guy, Collin." Nick said, resting his hand on my back and patting it. I nodded and rolled my eyes.

"I'm just worried. I honestly don't know what the fuck happened to his eye and I'm scared for him," I told Nick. He nodded slowly and steadily, attentively listening to what I was saying.

"I know you are. He's a tough guy though, he'll be fine." Nick said. I nodded, resting my head on the desk.

I shut my eyes, reimagining the kiss between Vince and I, the way his hands roamed my body, and the look in his eyes. He was pure bliss. Bliss that had a hard shell and some bruises, but bliss.

"Alright, Collin. You can sleep on your own time, come on now." Mr. Fredricks said, shaking my arm. My eyes sprung open as I stretched my arms out, looking around the room. Nick was packing up his stuff.

"Thanks," I told the principal as he gestured us out the door. We walked down the hallway and out of the doors, heading in the direction of the blacktop.

Nick and I usually walked home, most of the time with Layla and Amanda, though. We walked down the sidewalk and through the alleyway, passing many houses and streets. For minutes, it was just silence.

"So what about you, Nick? Got your eye on anyone?" I asked him. He looked up and smiled, then shook his head.

"Not at the moment, no." He said.

"Who are you interested in next? Boy or girl?" I asked him. He laughed.

"Probably a guy. Just for the excitement. Then again a three some would be nice," he said, laughing. I joined in as we crossed the street.

I could see Vince's house up on the other side of the road, and was debating whether I should make an excuse or not to go and visit him.

"Hey, um, Nick? Look I'm gonna just go on a little walk that a way so I'll catch up with you tomorrow? Sorry," I said, trying to sound subtle. Nick laughed.