<<Part Eleven>>

"It's not a question of can or can't, some things you just do." -Lightning, Final Fantasy

p a r t   n i n e

D e f y i n g   T h e   A l p h a

///

In life there are some things that you just do, you don't think about, you don't dwell over. You just simply act upon it. I knew that Molly wouldn't be able to keep our little secret a secret for much longer. Soon enough Adrian would plot his threats in her mind and her fear would consume her and eat her alive. I couldn't risk Molly getting into more trouble.

I knew the risk I was taking on doing this on my own, but her safety was more important to me. She did so much for me in such little time, she barely even knew me yet she would risk her life for me. I couldn't let anything happen to her.

In all eighteen years of living, I never had a friend to watch out for me. Everyone was always against me, never with me. Until then, Molly was the first to be on my side. Nobody had every done that for me, so I knew that I wouldn't let anything happen to the young girl. I never wanted to drag her into this quarrel but she decided to join in against my greater wishes.

Molly would be arriving soon so I knew I had to act quick. I grabbed a pair of leggings and undergarments and the sweatshirt and rushed into the bathroom. I had placed the shampoo and conditioner in her along with a hairbrush and hair ties. I turned on the water and stripped out of my dirty clothing and jumped into the warm, relaxing shower. 

If I wasn't in such a rush I would have stayed longer but I had to be quick. I washed my hair and body and jumped right back out and wrapped a white, fluffy towel around my body. I began to dry myself until I was able to put on clothes. Once that was finished I brushed through my tangled hair and threw it up into a pony tail.

I sat on the edge of the bed and put my shoes on. I felt my heart wrench at the thought of never seeing my only friend again, but I knew it was for the best, for her safety.

I would have to go to Chaos pack on my own. I would have to fend for myself there and it was risky, I knew it could go a few ways.

One way is that Xander could slaughter me and feed me to his rabid wolves.

The second way is that Xander could be nice and allow me to stay.

The last, and the worst is that Xander could call upon Adrian and have him summon me.

Even death seemed more appealing than that.

After my shoes were on I looked for a pad of paper and a pen and began to write a letter to Molly.

'Dearest Molly,

you were the only person in my life to ever be on my side as opposed to being against me, and for that I will always be grateful. In time I knew you would betray me against your better judgement, I know Adrian would plot his words of darkness into your head and that your fear would take over, so I have decided to leave. Your safety means the world to me, my dearest friend. In all eighteen years I have never been able to call someone a friend until now. Thank you for helping me even when you were scared. I hope you have an amazing life and maybe one day we will meet again, but until then farewell. Be safe, and be strong.'

Tears were streaming down my face as I wrote my farewell to Molly. As many times as I told myself it was for the best, I couldn't help but wonder if it really was. Molly knew I was going to go to Chaos pack, but she knew better then to say something like that. Not only would Adrian kill her but she would be risking the lives of many.

I grabbed the back-pack that Molly brought and rushed out of that room. I sped down the corridor and through the main entrance. I left my card and my phone in there. I knew Molly would try to track me so I left it. 

The cold air hit my face causing it to scrunch up. I had absolutely no idea where I was but I did know one thing.

I didn't have much time. Adrian would come here soon along with his army of wolves. 

So, I ran to the woods, the place I thought was safest..

It wasn't.

///

What do you guys think will happen next?

So, I had to change the pack name to Chaos because apparently another popular writer has the same named pack and although I didn't do it intentionally I don't want problems.

Could someone tell me if having the same pack name is a violation of copyright?

Vote&Comment