Up and Coming Authors on Wattpad: Rockthatrevolution

I've recently had the pleasure of reading a very marvelous story on Wattpad, Year of Oblivion by Rockthatrevolution. Because I enjoyed it so much, I asked this Wattpad writer for an interview, and she agreed. You can check out her story, Year of Oblivion, on Wattpad, or on your Wattpad mobile App! To find out more about Wattpad, check out: What is Wattpad.

Year of Oblivion

Sometimes when you're alone you have to find things that inhabits your mind that will quench your thirst of abandonment and loneliness. Jax Shepherd lives in a world where her mother doesn't know she exists, her father's long gone, and her best friend doesn't seem to have time for her. Creating a post apocalyptic alternate reality to escape to, Jax finds herself making friends in this world that she created. This alternate reality reflects her desolate real life, with some twists and turns along the way.

Rockthatrevolution has come up with a very refreshing storyline than that seen in normal Wattpad stories, so that's why I chose her for this interview. Check out her story on Wattpad, and add the story to your Wattpad library to find out how it unfolds!

The Interview:

What's your name, and where are you from?

My name is Juliette. I'm from northern California, USA.

When and why did you begin writing?

My writing skills really took off when I started high school. I had this really great freshman english teacher who taught me to write in a whole new way and to do it (hopefully) well. But I didn't really start writing for myself outside of school assignments until sophomore year, and even then it was sporadic, mainly just when I was feeling something really intense as a means of getting it all out.

What inspired you to write your first story?

Before Year of Oblivion, I think I'd attempted to write maybe two stories? But they didn't quite stick and inspiration faded quite quickly. I started this one out of frustration of what was going on in my life at the time this past winter actually, though my problems are not nearly as complicated or depressing as Jax's. Most of the story is complete fiction, but the root of it, that feeling of anxiety, being lonely, and indisposed stems from my own experiences, which is why this story is so important from me.

Who's your favorite author?

Favorite author, hmm it's hard to pick one. I really love Ian McEwan for his book Atonement. It was simply heartbreaking and beautiful. I love his writing style as well. Also Margaret Atwood, because her writing seems so effortless and inventive at the same time. Oryx and Crake has to be one of my favorites of all time.

Do you have anything specific that you would like to say to your readers?

To my readers, first, I'd like to thank you for reading! I'm sort of a shy person when it comes to my writing, so sharing it with people physically is a bit hard for me. Online is another story, and I just want my readers to know how much I appreciate their support and feedback. Also, if I ever start getting repetitive, drony, etc. please tell me! I'm guilty of that often I think and need reminders. And suggestions and criticism are always welcome! I think that's it, thank you so much again.

Conclusion

Join us on Wattpad and write your own stories that you can share with your friends and the world! If you write a story good enough, I may just do an article for your story too!