22

Deeper hues colored the sky. We were silently and perhaps a little too sluggishly walking to my house.

Taehyung, today was the last day — our last day. And it pained my heart more than anything.

"Eumin, what happens tomorrow?" you asked me with your voice sounding so fragile, like glass that might break anytime.

I smiled as I glanced to my side where you walked beside me. It was an empty, crestfallen smile. "We break up."

Your grip on my hand tightened. "What if I don't want us to break up?"

I chuckled dryly. "We have to. It's our deal."

"Don't you love me, too?" You sounded so desperate Taehyung, and it took me a lot of energy and courage to stand still as if my insides weren't slowly breaking down.

"I do."

Much more than you'd ever know... but I wouldn't tell you that.

"Then why?" Your voice cracked a bit.

No, Taehyung, please don't cry.

"Taehyung," I called out your name, and it give me a whirlwind of emotions sucking me in and throwing me out all at the same time.

With all the strength I could muster, I willed myself to look at you straight in the eye. I gazed at you with a thankful, yet painful look.

I'm sorry, Taehyung. I'm sorry I had to involve you in this selfish wish of mine. Had I not asked you to date me, I wouldn't be seeing you this broken in front of me.

I'm so sorry, Taetae. How cruel of me.

I didn't want to tell you. I didn't want to hurt you further. Yet, I didn't want to leaving you hanging with no explanations, either.

For the last time, I gathered all the strength remaining in me.

"My time is almost up.
I'm dying, Taehyung."

P.S. You're allowed to throw eggs at me, I'm sorry if this sucked and you had to read it all the way here. If you liked it, however, then thank you so much ♡ either way, tysm for reading!