Chapter Fifteen--Under My Skin

Hi All! Woo, an update on the day I said I'd update? It isn't as long as my usual, but I couldn't keep you all waiting any longer. For those of you who don't know, I did a video back in November celebrating Wattpad's 10th anniversary. I ended up getting to present it to staff and party goers at Wattpad's head office too. Anyway, while I was there I took a little extra footage for fans to get a sneak peek at the inside of the office. (Too cool.)

I've posted the WATTPAD OFFICE SNEAK PEEK VIDEO (ABOVE) if you'd like to check it out. If you want to check out the original b-day the link is below. Some of you may have already seen it. :)

Hope you like the latest chapter update!

I jerked my gaze from the tiny mouse-like creature eating away at a corpse

I jerked my gaze from the tiny mouse-like creature eating away at a corpse. You're not going to argue with me?

I felt Jaxon light a flame over his hand and flip it over his knuckles like someone might flip a coin. I don't see the point, do you?

No, I guess not, I answered.

My eyes watered and I held my breath. When my lungs couldn't be held back any longer, I gasped for air, and the fumes overtook me, forcing me to cough. I dabbed a corner of the wrap against my eyes trying to prevent them from dripping down my face.

Yeah, the fumes are terrible down there. Aren't they? On a side note that wrap is smokin' on you.

I groaned at the compliment. It's just a coat.

I might have to disagree with you beautiful. Traditional Fire Circle dress code is so much more than that. But you won't see me arguing against you wearing it.

I bet he wouldn't.

The flame he ran over his fingers circled his wrist, then glided over his shoulders to his other hand. The warmth of Jaxon's flame trickled through our connection like he was standing next to me dusting his hands over my bare skin. I tried to ignore my body's response to his touch and focused on not tripping over the gifts visitors had left their loved ones.

Jaxon wrapped the flame around his arm, then guided over his chest and down to his fingertips. This time, I quivered when the fiery warmth licked his chest. I bit my lip and tried not to show the effect he was having on me.

Jaxon. Do you mind?

Mind what? he said like he entirely knew what I was talking about.

Robin bumped into me, and I probably would have lost the flame I was holding if Jaxon hadn't cupped my hand.

Careful. That fire is—hot.