Joining and Choosing and fighting

"Here she comes" Gray muttered to Erza quietly. They had delayed their mission until the next day in order to oversee what was going on with the blonde girl and make sure everything was to turn out okay. She had been in the office for over an hour with numerous attempts to listen into the conversation. The dragon slayers had strained to hear but to everyone's dismay they found a silencing charm had been put on the door. Mira had then gone upstairs with a drink for Master and to ask Lucy if she had wanted anything too in the hopes she could catch some information, but the words ceased before she had even turned the handle. She casually asked what was happening but Makarov had sternly yet respectably asked her to allow Lucy some privacy and after that all attempts stopped completely. 

Indeed the young girl was leaving the upstairs office, Master Macarov following closely behind her in an almost protective yet distant stance. Cautious, as though she might fall over at any moment. She walked unsteadily and tenderly down the stairs with her head down, probably feeling all the eyes in the room on her. That was until the master's booming voice rung out across the guild hall, causing vibrations comparable to Lucy's magic power, telling those brats to stop staring or he'll gives them something to look at. He then chaperoned her over to the bar where Mirajane stood looking slightly dumbfounded and curious at the same time. 

"Mira, do Lucy's guild mark stamp please." He instructed her slightly impatiently. The she devil nodded, smiling serenely at the nervous girl in front of her.

"What colour and where?" she asked. 

Lucy frowned. She hadn't thought about that. With everything that had happened in the past months where she had her guild mark seemed so insignificant until she realized this mark would brand her skin for what she hoped would be a long time. She knew the colour straight away. It would be pink because that was her favorite colour. Call her a stereotype all you want, pink was a happy colour. But where?

She held up her right hand to show Mira, the one where the magic limiter shined delicately on her wrist and the older girl nodded in approval. 

"Hello, Lucy" an authoritative voice said from behind her. She turned to see the red haired mage standing confidently and addressing her. "I've already told you I'm Erza Scarlet."

Lucy smiled shyly at her, peering out from underneath her bangs. "Hi, I'm Lucy" she muttered as if that name wasn't in the mind of everyone in the room. From a few feet away Gray chuckled at her clear awkwardness. 

"So what type of magic do you use?" Erza questioned. It was clearly meant as well intentionned friendly conversation but, perhaps it was Lucy's imagination, but she could detect an undertone of desperate curiosity paired expertly with worry. She knew that it was natural, and in all honesty she was used to the slight fear that came with her gifts. She only wished she knew an answer to the question as well. 

"Celestial magic" she said her face deceitfully lighting up with enthusiasm. "I mostly use caster type magic but I have a few silver spirit keys too. Those are mostly for friends though rather than combat or anything."

"I see" Erza remarked faintly. "I suppose you're low on money lucy?" She perked up suddenly. 

The girl was slightly taken aback by her direct, unconcerned manner of speaking but nodded slowly. 

"You'll want to join a team for your first few jobs then" She smiled. "And it just so happens that my team and  I are going on our first job together tomorrow!" 

"Wait, since when were we an official team" gray piped up. 

"Yeah, I don't want to be in a team with him..." 

Lucy frowned at the boys and Erza. "I don't know, I was going to go alone, maybe take an S class job to get money quickly and find myself a house."