Training

Alex

Jacob kept to his word and the next morning Madi, Veronica and I were training with the boys.

Jacob gave a large announcement last night about how everyone should be training for if Blake and his pack come back, so today a lot of people were in the field.

We started off by running a few laps around the field with everyone. The boys tried to use their werewolf speed along with Veronica but then Madi and I would use our shadow speed and beat them. So soon everyone was running at a normal human pace.

After running two miles Jacob instructed that it was time for weapon training.

"Well I know what weapon Alex is gonna pick." Cole said with a laugh as we walked to the weapons area.

"What do you mean?" Jacob asked him.

"When they first escaped. Alex found a bow and arrow and shot my wolf in the leg. Madi had some throwing knives and tried to kill us." Cole reminded them.

"Well hopefully they don't shoot us now." Dylan said with a laugh.

"How did you even learn to shoot a bow and arrow?" Jacob asked me as I picked one up and moved towards the shooting range.

"Madi's parents sent us to camp every year, there was like a rock climbing wall, sling shot range and a bow and arrow course, that's where I spent most of my time." I said as I smiled at the memories from camp.

I lifted up the bow and arrow, aimed at the target and let go. The arrow flew through the air and hit the center almost perfectly.

"Nice job, I don't think you even need to train with that. Let's move to the knife throwing area." Jacob said as he led us to where Madi and Dylan were throwing knives.

I picked one up and aimed toward the target. But as I threw it back it slipped out of my hands and the knife went behind me.

I turned quickly to see Cole behind me and he used his speed to dodge the knife.

"Oh my god, Cole I am so sorry, I didn't mean to, it slipped out of my hands, I-" he cut me off.

"Don't worry Lun- I mean Alex, it was an accident." He said giving me a smile.

Cole picked up the knife off of the ground and threw it behind me at the target. I turned and saw he had hit the center.

"You just need some practice. Soon you'll be just as good as me." He smirked as he walked away.

"He brags too much." Jacob said laughing, I did too.

We continued working with weapons for awhile and then Jacob said it was time to spar. I was worried considering how much better he would be at this than me. With his enhanced strength and speed.

"Ready princess?" He asked me has he got into a fighting stance.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I said as I also go into a fighting stance.

He charged toward me and I used my speed to block him then I ran toward him while his back was turned, but he spun around as I jumped toward him and then he tackled me to the ground. He pinned my arms above my head and smirked.

"I win." He said with a smile as he got off of me.

This continued, he kept beating me and I kept losing. But after the seventh time I got an idea that made me angry at myself that I hadn't thought of it before.