Smoke

I finally came too. There was a very erie feeling in the house. Reaching up and feeling where the pain was coming from was covered in caked on blood. My head had definitely bled a lot.

Looking around I noticed it was dark inside the house. It was also dark outside. How long did I lay there? Trying to stand up was near impossible. Collapsing back to the floor with my feeble attempt to stand. The pain was dizzying, my eyes were not focusing or dialateing to the darkness. I layed there and felt helpless. Smelling a intense burning with smoke filled the house. Was the house burning? I dragged myself up the stairs. Pulling up each stair in pain. Coming up to the landing I was able to see all the windows were blown out. Glass was everywhere making it difficult to be on the floor. Getting to my knees I held onto the wall and got to my feet. Still very uneasy and shaky I moved to the kitchen .trying to find the fire. Looking outside the whole area was smoke filled. It was dark from the smoke as the sun was trying to shine thru in a dull faded orange glow. What had happened was totally not possible was it?

It was coming back to me... I was watching TV when the announcement came on the bottom of screen saying a national emergency was in effect for all of America. What was the emergency what caused this? The emergency alert gave us a 15 second heads up. The explosions were very deafening. Be slammed through the floor to the basement level. What was the cause!?

I needed to look outside. The destruction was unimaginable. Houses smoldering..some burning.. cars on fire. Streets were pitted with huge craters. Houses cut in half. Wait people were gathering at the end of a driveway someone was giving medical attention to others. I made way to them asking what had happened.

It was a asteroid belt that had pelted most of north America all the way too Alaska with major damage in the east coast to southern states. It had been 2 days I was out.

Help had not came and wasn't expected. As massive casualties were everywhere.

Someone had a HAM radio and was getting very weak transmissions of was going on.

The darkness of smoke and dust was choking.