Chapter 15- Your Friendship is Important

Friendship isn't about who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you" and proved it. -Anonymous

  After I visited my friends last night I went back to my room. Cade wasn't there. Where he was? I had no idea but I bet it was somewhere with Abby.

                               ****
11:00am

   I slowly open my eyes and Cade's face is in view, there is a smile on his face and I started to wonder what sorcery is this?

  "Good morning."

   "Why are you acting like a creep?"

   "Says the girl sleeping in a cow boy hat... Where did you even get that?" He ask and I start giggling.

  "I was playing Cowboy Beer Pong with my friends."

  "Did you make that up?"

  "Actually no.. Elizabeth did." I said and we both start laughing, she's just as weird as me.

   I sat up on my bed and reached for the bottled water that was by my bedside... this better help my morning breath. Cade just sits down watching me and I start feeling creeped out.

  "What do you want?"

  "I want to apologize for yesterday. There's something I have to tell you about Abby."

  "I really don't want to hear anything about that girl and I really don't want to hang out with you and your friends anymore." I bluntly stated and his eyes look down.

  "That's not fair."

  "Life isn't fair but I guess we have to deal with it right?"

  "Toby please. You're friendship is very important to me. I can't lose that. You've made me feel things that it took years to feel with my other friends. Having you as a friend has made me want to double think doing something bad meanwhile my other friends encourage it. You're like a guide... You're guiding me in the right path and I just feel like if you're gone I lose everything."

  Wow. How do you give up on someone that you mean so much to?... that you're helping so much?... that appreciates you?

Simple. You just don't give up on them, you simply give them another chance.

  "Everyone makes mistakes. When you don't try to fix them and continue making more then you don't deserve another chance." I said and he hangs his head in sadness.

  "But when you realize your mistakes and you try to fix them, that's you giving yourself a chance and if you can give yourself a chance then others can too." I completed then smile reaching out to touch his hand. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze and he looks at me beaming.

  "Thank you." He gives me a hug and his hair that I didn't notice was wet caused water to go in my eye.

  "Aaah my eye." He pulls away and starts laughing and I hold my eye and giggle.

"Sorry." He gets up smiling then he leans his head down and starts flashing water everywhere and I hold my hand up to block the splashing water.

  "You're such a dog." I sound out through my laughter and he chuckles and walks away.

                             ****

  "What are we doing this weekend?" Megan ask as I put my laptop and my note book in my bag.

  "Megan its just Monday. Calm your tits."

  "Toby come on lets make plans from now so we don't all have to suffer from boredom. There aren't any parties this weekend."