Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Alice

Editted on: 6/22/2015 for grammar, diction, and syntax. Minor content changes were made.  

A/N: Hey guys! So here is the first chapter of my second fanfic I have written. It's a PJO/Avengers crossover. I hope you like it and don't be afraid to correct any mistakes I make. Anyway, onward with the story!

Disclaimer: I don't own PJO or the Avengers. 

"Get out your guns, battles begun,

Are you a saint, or a sinner?

If loves a fight, than I shall die,

With my heart on a trigger.

They say before you start a war,

You better know what you're fighting for.

Well baby, you are all that I adore,

If love is what you need, a soldier I will be.

I'm an angel with a shotgun,

Fighting til' the wars won,

I don't care if heaven won't take me back.

I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe.

Don't you know you're everything I have?

...And I, wanna live, not just survive, tonight."

-"Angel With A Shotgun" by The Cab

Chapter 1: The God's Proposal

Third Person:

Laying there, on his bed at Camp Half-Blood, Percy struggled not to fall asleep by keeping his mind occupied. Occupied on anything but the bloody war, the lost loved ones, and the depths of Tartarus. Of course Percy knew it wasn't healthy, but the threat of the nightmares and flashbacks was too high and he wouldn't, couldn't, take the risk.

So many people didn't make it, and each premature death was an agonizing ton of unforgiving boulders that weighed down on his shoulders, reminding him of his failures. Hazel, Thalia, Piper, Frank, Leo, Travis, Reyna, and... Worst of all, Annabeth. To Percy, he failed each and every single one of them. He failed to save them. 

Shuddering sobs racked Percy as tears welled up in his sea-green eyes.

They were all dead. And it was his fault.

'Stay positive, Percy'  He scolded himself. 'Nico, Jason, and Grover are still here.'  But the guilt still gnawed at his consciousness.

At least some good things came out of the war, he reminded himself. Hades and Hestia were now part of the Council. In addition, a portal was created between Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood to retain their relationships. 

His thoughts were doubtful, however, and his conviction that the deaths were his fault as well as the tragedy of war and Tartarus still burdened Percy.

Slowly, his eyes drifted shut, unable to fight the beckoning of sleep.

Flashback/Dream:

Drenched in blood and covered in gold dust, the land was the epitome of devastation. Bodies of demigods laid on the ground lifeless, their souls already hustled to the Underworld for judgement. In the war-ridden land, the Earth and monsters fought a hard battle against the demigods and their allies.