Chapter 9

Mike's Pov

Getting a call saying that Crystal and her brother are fighting is not good news to hear. Colin is so much like their father that I'm scared she will have a panic attack or worse...hurt herself.

Rushing over to my house I can see the two arguing, thanking Rachel in my head for giving me a call. Once I'm right behind the two I can tell instantly that Crystal is having a panic attack from the way her body is shaking and tears running down her face. Colin doesn't seem to understand what is going on with his sister.

Yelling is never the answer for when it comes to something like your family, including yelling at your already hurt sister. Pushing an angry and fuming Colin out of the way I rush over to Crystal and bring her to her room. Calming down Crystal is easy when you have been doing it for the past 6 years.

When she's asleep I pick her up and put her in her bed, smiling lightly when I see her snuggle into her blankets.

Walking downstairs I see a stunned Colin still standing at the doorway. "Thanks for giving me a call Rachel. She had a bad one this time." I say looking back to Colin.

"What exactly just happened?" Colin and his stupidity.

"You and your yelling happened. She got reminded of your father when you started to get angry." He gave me a confused look.

"What does this have to do with my father, he never got angry in his life besides sticking up for what he believes in."

"Your parents changed the day you left them. When you left they started drinking and blaming that you left because of Crystal. Crystal, only being 12, didn't know what to do and she started to also get bullied at school from the bruises that littered her skin when she walked through the doors. If you hadn't left, Crystal wouldn't have been beaten by your parents, and wouldn't have become a fighter, but that was a good thing. Me and the guys at the gym are the closest thing she has to a family, along with two teachers from her school." I'm frustrated that Colin is just so clueless.

"You're telling me my parents are abusive?" Do I have to spell it out for him?

"Ok it goes like this; your moms dead from a car crash a year ago and your father is now in jail for sexual assault on Crystal." Tears are now streaming down Colins face. He falls to the ground pulling his knees to his chest and rests his head on top of them letting the tears fall down faster.

"I'm the worst brother ever. I was never there for Crystal, and I wasn't there for mom's funeral." Colin finally realized what pain he caused his family. "From now on Crystal is never leaving my sight." Protective brother to the rescue. "Uhh...one question."

"What would that be?" I asked confused of what he was going to ask me for.

"Who are the people that bully Crystal?" How am I supposed to tell him that his old friends are the ones that hurt Crystal the most.

"Andrew, Jackson, Ashton, Luke and the rest of the school, but the first four are the main bullies to Crystal." I could see the shock in his eyes from hearing that they are the ones that bully Crystal. "Don't let this get to your head, just protect her at school since we can't be there for her on Monday. She got suspended for punching someone." I start heading back to my room but not without turning around one last time, "good luck. You'll need it." With that I go to sleep for the night, waiting for the days ahead to come.

Crystal's Pov

Waking up on a Monday morning is horrible because it's worst day to go to school. It's worse when your brother pours cold water on you. I got payback, though, by punching him in the face that will definitely leave a bruise for the next couple of days. I also moved back into my old house, so I'm not living with Mikey anymore, now that Colin is back and can watch out for me.

Well to tell you that I still hate my brother is not correct and I forgave him, but he's taking this too far. My brother, I love him and all, is being protective and is always up my ass.

"Come on, we have to go to school." Speak of the devil. My brother starts calling me saying he wants to see everyone at school and beat them up for me - even though I can do that myself.

"What are you wearing? Go change." I don't see anything wrong with my outfit. All I'm wearing is high waist jean shorts, a white crop top that says 'Fight' in black print, and my black leather jacket along with my favorite pair of combat boots. My hair is pulled up high in a pony so my hair is out of my face. My outfit shows off some of my many tattoos that litter my skin from my neck to my ankles.

Can't wait to get to the hell I call school.