28: A new world

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. This story is not mine.

Chapter 28 – A new world

No One's POV

After the tender moment, Lauren got serious. "Ok, I need to go over some things with you."

"Ok."

"Now first of all, tell no one you are from 1869. The time machine that we used was one of a kind. Most people do not believe it possible to travel through time and would think you had lost your mind. Another reason we don't want people to know, as some may want to use it for evil purposes."

Camila nodded. "What do I say then?"

"I have a friend Mary, who is going to get you some identity documents so you can pass as someone from this time. We have come up with a story that explains things. Your parents were both English, John and Sara Cabello. They moved to the remote Scottish Island of Eilean Nan Ron before you were born. They were the island's only inhabitants. Your parents rejected all forms of technology and preferred to live a simple life, away from other people. They only came to the mainland 2 or 3 times a year and only for supplies. You grew up on the island were kept very isolated from the modern world. You've recently decided to rejoin the modern world and sadly were attacked in London shortly after you arrived. I know it's a lie, but it will explain you not knowing what a lot of things are. Do you understand?"

"I understand."

"Ok, as I said you're in a hospital. You'll seen lots of strange things, but the doctors and nurses here want to help you. In fact, they've been ordered to give you extra special treatment. This room you're in with the nice carpeting and tan walls, is the best one here. Don't be afraid of them."

"It looks strange, but it is nice."

"Ok, now that we have that straight. The doctor told me you should be out of the hospital in 5-7 days."

"Then what?"

"I told your father I would take care of you and in any case we can be together. You can stay with me in my apartment in Herford."

While the prospect of being with Lauren all the time had a giant thrill element to Camz, the prospect of actually living in sin made her uncomfortable. She felt very torn about it. But as to not offend Lauren and knowing she didn't have any choice, Camz smiled. "That sounds nice."

Lauren then leaned over and kissed Camila on the cheek. "Just you and me."

A loud knock at the door broke the momentary quiet of the room.

Lauren made a fist and growled at the interruption. "Come in."

The door quickly opened and in walked Sikowitz, shopping bag in hand. "She's awake. So good to see that."

"Who is this?" Said Camz.

"This is...."

Before Lauren could answer, Sikowitz walked up and shook Camz her hand. "I'm Professor Sikowitz, inventor of the time machine. Not to mention super genius."

Lauren shook her head and muttered something about a runaway ego.

Camila smiled politely and gracefully shook his hand. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Camila."

"I am so sorry Camila, that things turned out as they did. I'm just so glad that we were at least able to get you to the hospital in time."

"Thank you Professor."

Lauren thought for a moment. "Hey how come it's Professor Sikowitz instead of Doctor Sikowitz like you were calling yourself earlier or did I screw up your time line too?"