By the Sea

Disclaimer: I don't own Sweeney Todd 😂

"We could have a life us, two. Maybe not like I dreamed. Maybe not like you remember, but we could get by"

After being mesmerized by watching the stunning sun set as it grace the sky with colorful shades and gaze as it slowly sank in the horizon, Nellie sighed contently as a bright smile is sketched on her face, she looked up to see a pair of dark eyes staring at her.

"Breathtaking, isn't?" She asked. The man merely smiled at her then she continued, "the sunset... It's beautiful", she whispered. The handsome man looked deep into her warm brown eyes and got lost staring. He wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned down to lock their lips together. She was taken by surprise at first but responded after with equal love. The kiss was passionate and all of their feelings are poured in that long kiss. As much as they want it to last longer, their lips parted at the same time for a much needed oxygen then the man caressed both her high cheekbones and gave her a sweet small peck on the lips then he finally replied, "Yes,you are breathtaking, my love ".He meant every single word, not even a sunset on a beach ,that is where they are right now, can compete to Nellie's unique beauty.

Little did she know that he struggled to focus watching the sunset because he couldn't help but steal a few glances at Nellie who was smiling deeply and his felt as if he was frozen and hypnotize looking at the goddess beside him, looking at her assured him that everything is okay. She blushed in a lovely shade of pink because of that and gave the man a sweet kiss on the cheek. She couldn't possibly be happier, at least that's what she thought.

Under the millions of glittering stars,the couple walked together by the sea. Telling each other a few words but mostly, they let silence fill them. Not the bad and tensed silence but a contented one, a silence that shows how they appreciate every single moment they spend together.

With her head resting on his right shoulder and fingers intertwined, they traipsed with ease as their worries and fears melt with each step they take. Enjoying the warmth beneathe their feet and the comfort they give each other while walking, the man suddenly spoke, "This is for you" Nellie vowed to herself to keep quiet and pay attention to whatever he will do and gave him a smile. The man couldn't get enough of Nellie's adorable smile and let a smile creep into his face. Then he started to sing,

"I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad. Carry you around when your arthritis is bad", he sang in melody

"You could massage my back though", she quickly blurted out. She really couldn't shut up for a second even back in Fleet Street but he loved that bubbly side of her. It made him chuckle before continuing,

"All I wanna do is grow old with you", he smiled fondly at Nellie

"I'll give you medicine when your tummy aches (he let his hand roamed around  Nellie's flat tummy which earned him a quick swat on the shoulder and they both giggled). Build you a fire if the furnace breaks. Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you", he crooned as they continue walking by the shimmering sea which is illuminated with countless stars and the marvelously bright moon, giving a sparkling reflection on their faces and the sand around them.

"I'll miss you, kiss you. Give you my coat when you are cold", he resumed and hugged her closer.

"Need you, Feed you", he sang which Nellie responded, "I can coo-", he looked at the distance and cut her off saying, "Even let ya hold the bottles of gin", still not looking at her , holding his laughter. "Hey! Those bottles are mine! Wot did you to them?! I swear I'll beat you with my rolling pin when we get back 'ome", she protested with anger in her voice at those outrageous words she heard. He looked at her with an amused expression. Her face was flushed in a shade of red and brows furrowed. The man let out a laugh then kissed the top of her forehead and continued,