Banished

Mila Kunis as Genavieve --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

***Genavieve's P.O.V.*** (this is a new character)

Please don't let them catch me. I don't want to go back there. He can't make me go back.

I push myself as fast as I can. My legs are starting to burn and my breathing is starting to come out in short pants. My hair is whipping me in the face because of the speed I'm running, but I csn't stop to pull it back or I'll be caught for sure.

I can also feel my pack trying to contact me through our link, but I block them out until they're all just a pressure in my mind. They know I'm gone and I can hear the faint sound of paws hitting the earth far behind me, but they're faster as wolves than I am in human form.

The only sound is the wind rushing by me body and my sneakers hitting the ground as I run. Any animals that live in this part of the forest are all quiet as I run by, not making a sound.

I know that I'll be at the edge of my pack's territory soon because the wind is bringing different scents to my nose that I don't usually smell.

A shape darts out in front of me and before I can stop, I run straight into it.

I'm knocked to the ground and I clutch my stomach. The air had been knocked out of me and I blink to clear my vision.

I feel the air around my shake and I know someone is shifting close by.

I sit up and begin to get to my feet when I see who I ran into.

"Brent, what are you doing?" I stare at my brother, waiting for him to answer.

"Alpha sent me to stop you."

"I can't go back."

"I'm sorry, Gena (pronounced like Jenna)." He says before gripping my arm and twisting it behind me.

"You don't have to do this. We could leave together." I try to reason with him, but I know he's under our alpha's order to make sure I don't run away.

"I want to." His voice sounds strained.

"Fight it Brent. I know you can."

His grip slowly loosens until he takes a step away from me. I turn to face him just in time to catch his fall.

"Brent! No, come on. Fight it! I did so you can too." I sit on the ground with his head on my lap. His face is pale and I brush his dark hair from his eyes.

Defying an alpha's direct order is hard and I can tell it's hurting him.

I place my hands on the side of his face and close my eyes. I picture some of my energy flowing through my finger tips and into his mind where the hold on him is. Using the majority of my energy, I sever the bond between him and our alpha.

I drop my my hands from his face and fall the remaining distance to the ground. I groan when my head hits the rocky soil, but otherwise, I lay still.

I don't know how much later it is, but someone is shaking me lightly.

"Wake up, Gena." I recognize my brother's voice and I pry my eyes open. His purple eyes fill with relief when he sees that I'm awake. "Thank the goddess. Gena, why did you do that?"

I attempt to sit up and when that fails, he slides his arm around my shoulder and helps me.

"Because I can't do this alone and I hate seeing you in pain." He shakes his head.