Chapter Nineteen

Sweat was running down my face face as I tightly squeezed my pillows.

I arched my back as the pain travelled through my body like wildfire.

The burning sensation only grew as I tried to hold in my screams, but was close to failing.

My bones felt as if they were being twisted in all directions but the right way and I just wanted it to stop.

It's growling filled my head as it begged to be let out, but I couldn't give up now when I was this close to keeping it contained.

I closed my eyes shut as I felt as if hot metal was being dragged against my skin.

This was the first time the pain hurt this much and I didn't know if I could hold it any longer.

Ready to give up, I felt his hands touching my forehead.

"Sshh, it's alright. I'm here," he cooed, as he rocked my body back and forth in his.

I felt the pain slowly slip away as if it was falling asleep.

"I got you baby," he kissed my forehead.

I opened my eyes to see Lucifer looking down at me, while I was resting on his chest.

Opening my mouth to speak, but he beat me to it.

"It's trying to come out, yes I already know and I'm sorry for just leaving with Lucille but this is something I have to teach her," he said calmly.

In my current state, I didn't have the strength to say much so I nodded my head.

"She's doing pretty well in her training and I must say, she is the best little demon ever."

I really wanted to see for myself since I am her mother, instead of only hearing about it from her father.

"Don't worry, I'll bring her back soon and right now I have to go," he said, as he vanished.

"I love you."

The three words floated in my head as the touch of his body vanished with him.

I longed to be in the comforts of his arms, but right now he was elsewhere.

Using little strength, I checked the time to see that it was three in the morning.

Getting off the bed, everything was going fine until I reached the bathroom door.

Reaching out to the door knob, I heard my bone crack as my legs suddenly became weak no longer being able to support me.

Falling to the ground, the familiar burning sensation but this time twice as hot crawled through my body.

I felt as if someone was poking me with hot pins instead of the hot metal, but it still hurt a lot.

It was awake once again and Lucifer wasn't there to calm it, so I could only hope for the best because my energy was quickly thinning away.

This was getting out of control and I had to find away to tame it but no matter how hard I tried to get up, I just couldn't.

I was frozen as the pain grew and my screams nearly escaping my mouth.

Soon the darkness welcomed me back once again, but my body was still on fire.