-Liabilities-

italics=thoughts

seventeen years later-volterra castle

Liabilities. That's what they had become. At least Aro believed they were. Yet his blonde brother couldn't see the trouble and mess she caused. Hell they were apparently talking of leaving and he couldn't stand for his brothers and the twins to leave. That's most of his coven for hell's sake, he had to get through to Caius. He would not let his coven just fall apart. He had built an empire and he refused to let some pathetic redheaded she-devil take it from him. Aro found them cuddling in the private garden. They spent most of their time in there now a days, Caius was slacking off on his duties and Aro was beyond pissed.

disgusting. they can't keep their hands off each other.

"Brother, I need to speak with you. Privately." 

Caius untangled himself from his love, exchanged a couple whispers before following his brother out of the sunny garden and into the stone hallways of the castle.

'Yes?'

"I know of your plan." Aro could see that this startled Caius. His expression broke for a split second but Aro could see it and it only angered him more. After all, his suspicions were right.

'What plan Aro?'

"To leave, travel, build your own coven. You, her, Marcus, Willow and the twins. Half of my coven will be gone! I will be defenseless without you!" Aro almost begged them not to leave, but Caius had his mind set. And it was all her fault. He'd just have to get rid of her, like Didyme. The same procedure. Rouge vampire, Caius out hunting. It would be easy.

And that is just what he did. But it didn't all go as planned. *flashback*

Alaska had been in the library. She was rereading one of her favorite books, The Great Gatsby. It was one of the first books that Caius had transcribed for her. He had filled the wall in her room with books. The wall was one huge bookshelf, a rainbow of spines that Alaska loved. He was getting her a new book every time he left the castle.

It hadn't been too loud, most of the guard was out on missions and the twins had accompanied Marcus and Caius on a hunt. They had wanted her to come along but she hadn't felt like hunting instead taking advantage of the quiet and the peace of an empty castle. She knew that Aro was home but he was up in the tower with Sulpicia, them enjoying the quiet as well. 

She hadn't seen them all day and it kinda annoyed her. It felt like Aro was avoiding her this past month for unknown reasons.

Not long after Alaska cut off her thoughts and began reading again, Aro came waltzing into the library. His footsteps echoed throughout the empty library, alerting Alaska of his presence. 

"Alaska darling how are you?" This didn't surprise Alaska, Aro never used his gift on higher guard, like his brothers, the twins or her. Unless they offered of course, he felt that privacy was important to a successful coven.

Alaska then chatted for a while with Aro of nothing of real importance. Aro then asked her a question she should of rejected. "Would you like to take a walk through Volterra? It's quite cloudy so we won't need the hoods just the cloaks." but she responded with an "Of course Aro."

They left not minutes after, arm in arm. They weren't out for long, buying roughly a dozen bouquets of flowers as the ones in the throne room had mostly wilted. As they walked into the throne room Aro 'remembered' that he had bought her a new vase and ran back to his chambers to fetch it.