Chapter 12: Unstable Colors

Your POV

It's been a few months since we made the Bergens happy. Branch and I are boyfriend and girlfriend now. Even though he has his colors back, he's still the sweet, moody, and caring troll I knew. Something was coming up that I hated every year.

. . .The day my brother was eaten.

Every year on that day, I am nothing but depressed. Heck I might lose my colors again. I scrap book a picture of me and Josh together. When we were younger of course. I couldn't guess what he'd look like now if he was here.

Branch walks in, "Hey (y/n). What's up?"

I quickly hide the picture, "Nothing much."

"Liar." He replied.

"And why would I be lying?" I asked with a smirk.

"Because I saw something in your hand." He answered wrapping his arms around me.

He takes the picture and looks at it, he sighs.

"That day's coming up, isn't it?" He asked.

I nod with a frown. He holds my hands.

"Everything will be okay." He told me.

~The next day~

Branch's POV

I wake up and look around in my bunker. It was quiet, too quiet. I walk outside to everyone crowding around (y/n)'s house. I run to Guy Diamond.

"Dude what's going on?"

"(Y/n)'s losing her colors. Tomorrow is the day her brother was eaten." He answered.

I run into her house to see Poppy trying to cheer her up.

"Look (y/n) I'm making funny faces!" Poppy yelled making funny faces.

(Y/n) only looks at the ground as her body was turning grey. I gasp and run to her.

"(Y/n) think cupcakes and rainbows!"

Nothing worked. I then tickle her. She starts laughing.

"Hahahaha Branch! Staaaaaap!" She laughed.

Her colors come back and we all sigh. Everyone leaves and I sit next to her.

"I thought we lost you."

"I just had that memory in my sleep. Only except I couldn't move." She said sadly.

I hold her hand, "Just think cupcakes and rainbows. That's what you always told me."

"I try, Branch. I really do. If I lose my colors again, everyone else will." She replied.

I then get an idea. I kiss (y/n)'s cheek/

"I'll be right back. Love you."

I run to Poppy.

"Hey Branch." She said sadly.

"Come on Poppy not you too." I said.

"I'm sorry Branch. It's just (y/n)'s important to everyone. If she's happy, we're happy. If she's sad, we're sad. We all feel what she feels." She explained.

"I don't want her depressed. And I think I have an idea." I said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"What if Josh wasn't really eaten?"