Epilogue

Eight years later

I took a good look at the stick in my hand. It had two vertical red lines on it. Sophie entered the room bearing three more pregnancy kits in her hand. "I think the pharmacist thinks I am crazy all thanks to you", she said sardonically.

"Oh I am sorry. But I needed to confirm this", I rushed into the bathroom to take the test again.

"What does it say?" She asked looking eagerly at me.

"Its positive. All of them turned out to be positive", I said. I was stunned. I couldn't be pregnant right? No wonder I had  the sudden urge to dip pickles into ice cream and have it last night. Not to mention I missed my period this month.

"Oh come on! You should be happy. I am gonna be an aunt!"she beamed and hugged me tightly. Then it hit me I am going to be a mom. I have a life growing inside me.

"How are things with Nick?" I asked. "Have you guys decided on a honeymoon destination?" After being together for eight years, Nick proposed to Sophie at the beginning of this year. They got married last month and they haven't decided on a honeymoon destination yet.

"Uh we were thinking Barbados. I am not sure".

"I think Barbados is great. You guys could totally go there".

"Don't you have to go meet up Max?"

"Yes! I almost forgot about that".

"I will see you then!" Sophie kissed me on my cheek. "And congratulations again."

I put in my jacket since it was pretty cold outside. Audrey came to up to me looking beautiful "Hey Gracie where are you going?"

"Outside. Max wants me to go somewhere and it's a surprise. Where are you going?" I asked taking a good look at her outfit. She was wearing a black full sleeve bodycon dress.

"I got invited over to Michael's place today", she said blushing.

I gave her a knowing smile. I knew they had something going on between them. "Okay have fun", I winked at her.

"Please don't tell Max. He will freak out. I love him but I don't want him to play twenty questions with Michael like the last time", Max has managed to scare away all the guys Audrey brings home. He doesn't do that intentionally but they need to pass his test and I am pretty sure no one will since he is so intimidating.

I laughed. "Don't worry. I won't. Please come back home early as possible. We want to to celebrate your birthday. I can't believe you will be turning fifteen tomorrow."

...........

"You are not planning on murdering me aren't you?" I asked jokingly. Max blindfolded me and now he was guiding me to some place that is supposed to be a surprise.

"Uh huh totally. I even sharpened my knives", he said pulling me closer to him. It was still surreal to me that after eight years that he was with me. After all the difficulties we went through I never thought there was even a chance to bring him alive. Of course after coming back to his human form he had to face difficulties too. Like the fact that he used to bump into things often thinking he could pass through them. That had caused us a lot of trips to the Emergency unit.

I heard him open a door to some place,"Where are you taking me?"

"Just wait a bit more babe. We are almost there", After sometime he opened my blindfold, I open my eyes to see that we were inside a place with wrought iron chairs and tables. The place seemed dark but Max made an attempt to light it up with beautiful hanging lights. There were vases with flowers on the tables. It looked like a shop, it even had a cash register and a glass display case.

"Did you really bring me here to murder me? You know you didn't have to decorate the place to do that" I  joked.

"Nope. But I bought this place for you. So that you can start your own bakery shop here".

"Really?" I was surprised and touched by the gesture. "But how?" I work at a bakery under a chef who doesn't pay a lot but I manage. Max on the other hand works at a bar and also he is the sales manager at a shopping centre. We don't earn much but it helps cover most of our expenses.

"I got a loan".

"But you shouldn't have. You would have a hard time paying off the money."

"It's nothing. I will just work overtime and make up for it. Also you don't need to worry about anything. Just follow your dreams", he kissed me on my forehead.

"Oh Max...", I hugged him. "I love you. I must be the luckiest girl in the world".

"No I am the lucky one here. Also I need to do something else", we broke apart, he got down on one knee taking out a red box from his pocket.

Oh my god.

"Grace Summers I love you with all my heart. Falling in love with you was the best thing I have done in my life. Believe me when I say this cause I have lived two lives. Will you marry me?"

I had tears in my eyes, "Yes!" I uttered softly. He got up and placed his lips on mine, pulling me closer to him. He kissed me with urgency, his fingers digging into my waist as he deepened the kiss.

"As much as I want to make love to you right now, I think we should celebrate this by having drinks outside with Audrey, Sophie and Nick", he said.

"I don't think I will be having any drinks tonight".

"Why?" He asked with a dubious look on his face.

"I took a pregnancy test today after I missed my period this month. I am pregnant".

"We are.... We are going to have a baby?" He asked looking at me with a shocked look on his face. "I am going to be a dad? I am going to be a dad!" His face lit up with a smile. He kissed me again, this time it was a small peck on the lips. "Oh Grace thank you! Thank you so much for this".

This time I pulled him in for a kiss. 

The End.

............

I would like to thank all of you for reading this book. Without you guys I probably wouldn't have finished it. This was the first book I have ever written and it was hard for me to let the characters go. I will definitely miss them. I hope you enjoyed this story.

You can check out my other works on my profile :)