Chapter Two

He sat upon his leather throne watching them struggle

He sat upon his leather throne watching them struggle. This evenings entertainment had started to rouse from their drug-induced slumber, all blindfolded, tied and gagged. All their fates had been sealed as soon as their debt figures had come in. He watched intently as the girl in the middle tug insistently on the cable ties. She had been a bit more work to find, but once the phone call came in, he had set plan into motion the following week.

All three had been kidnapped from their daily lives, without a warning, and brought to this warehouse. The silence must've drove them mad but the stench should give them an idea of where they were heading. They thought they could get away from borrowing without returning his money. I would show them what happens to fools like that, he thought.

He signaled his men to remove the blindfold of the two men on either side of her. Each of them had one of his men standing strategically with them. On behind her and two next to those other two. Their eyes bulged at the sight of the man and all the tools that laid on the tables neatly. The fear causing one of them to stop struggling whilst the other one's struggling increased. Fight or flight? They didn't have much of a choice. They knew exactly why they were here at the sight of him and the only outcome; death. They would be slaughtered like cattle, but that didn't mean he wouldn't have a bit of fun with them.

He walked over to the table, his hands trailing over a number of tools, as if spoiled for choice on what to use. He paused at a few times, with contemplation, before finally settling on a simple revolver. He signaled this time for the man paralyzed with fear to have his gagged removed.

"P-p-please," he begged. The man had a large beer belly and a pitiful grease stained shirt on. He looked like he hadn't showered in months, his stench covered by the overpowering one of the warehouse house.

"Oh, you want to play a game now? Well I won't keep you waiting," he finally spoke. The girl stopped struggling at the sound of voices and started listening for any clue to know what was going on around her. Her wrists were red from all her struggling and would soon start bleeding if she continued.

"Now sir, tell me how many people are currently seated?"

"Th-three," he stuttered, barely getting the word out.

"Good, good. So I suppose I should put three bullets in here." He placed three bullets into the Revolver, leaving a space between each bullet, but they wouldn't know that.

"I know you all enjoyed gambling with my money, so I've decided to gamble with your lives," he spun the barrel and waited for it to stop. They would be playing his version of Russian Roulette, the one where he choose who lived and who didn't. The barrel stopped spinning with a click.

"So who should I start with?" He waved the gun around.

"You, you or you?" He pointed his gun at each one of them. The girl didn't even know she had a gun pointed at her but she still shook. He stopped at the gagged man holding the gun close to his temple but not close enough for the gun to touch him.