Ch.5 [FLASHBACK P.5]

Ginger's POV

I'm a little disappointed that Alessa had to leave early but I understand that she needs to go home. I now understand why she parties a lot and hangs out with me most of the time. Although she's not saying it, I can sense that her lack of bond with her parents is the main reason.

"Is that an accident?" I mumbled while touching the part where her lips landed. We almost kissed on the lips and there's a part of me that's a bit disappointed that it didn't turn out like that.

I guess I need to have a boyfriend. My mind suggested.

I shook my head to erase the thought. It's wrong to feel that way towards my best friend. These unfamiliar feelings that I suddenly experiencing is worrying me. I shook my head once again before heading to our bedroom to take the gift that I bought for mom.

"Someone seems to be so happy again" mom teased me while sitting cozily on the couch. Her eyes then averted to the gift that I'm holding.

"Happy birthday mom!" I greeted her once again before giving her my gift.

"Oh! thank you honey! I told you already that you don't have to buy me a gift. You alone is enough," she said before giving me a tight hug and a sweet kiss on my cheeks multiple times.

She always say that thing to me. It's not that I'm not happy about that but it's her birthday so I want to give her a gift.

"Open it!" I said excitedly. She eagerly opened the box and started to cry when she saw what's inside. 

It's a simple Nokia N8.

"I told you that I don't need this. You should save money for your school necessities," I released a soft laugh because she looked like a child that's protesting right now.

"Mom, please don't worry. I still have enough money for my studies. You need this phone so you can call me anytime you need me," I explained patiently before hugging her again. She means everything to me and I don't want anything to happen to her.

"After I graduate from college I'll work hard to give you more than that" I said as my tears started to fall down my cheeks, I love her so much, she's the only family that I have.

We're like that for a minute before I noticed the gift that Alessa gave to her earlier. I want to see it too. It is wrapped with plain pink paper with a gold ribbon tied on it.

"Mom, open your other gift!" I said after wiping my tears.

She immediately obliged and was shocked to see a pink blood pressure monitor apparatus. I remember telling her that mom has hypertension.

"Alessa is so sweet" I nodded hastily in agreement. Now I don't have to worry about her blood pressure because I can monitor it anytime.

I should have kissed her directly to her lips I said mentally. She's really thoughtful, no one cared for my mom aside from me, considering that it's the first time that they met.

"I'm going to thank her tomorrow. I'll treat her with a free breakfast in the pastry shop," I said in gratitude.

"You know honey, if you ever turn gay, I'd be happy if Alessa will be your girlfriend" my eyes widen in shock.

Why not? I blushed at the thought afterwards.

"Mom! She's straight okay? so am I," I replied after shaking my head in objection.

"That's why I said, if ever, honey. Don't be so defensive," She said while giving me a meaningful look.

"I'm not!" I argued while averting my gaze to the floor. I stood up afterwards and went straight to our room to avoid her from seeing my red face.

"Do I look really defensive?"

•M•E•G•I•M•N•M•