Caught

"Khushi! Khushi, wake up!!" 

"Jiji it's Sunday! Go away!"

Payal shoved Khushi on the shoulder.

"I'm leaving this evening, you know. The least you could do is spend some more time with me!" 

Khushi tried to pull Payal on the bed too.

"Honestly Khushi! I've had my share of sleep!"

That was it. Payal knew that was the only way to make Khushi wide awake.

"Very well, since you're obviously not in the mood to wake up, I'll just tell Arnavji that these midnight outings are going to have to stop."

Payal turned around to see Khushi sitting up bolt upright and looking at her with wide eyes.

"You know?!" she managed to say looking up at her elder sister rather timidly.

"Oh please. It's not too hard to guess seeing as I'm not Buaji or Amma. And do you really think I've never woken up to find your side of the bed empty?"

Payal laughed at the look on Khushi's face.

"It's okay Khushi, I understand the passion and craziness that comes with young love," said Payal twirling her arms like a ballerina. Khushi laughed all embarrassment forgotten and jumped off the bed engulfing her sister with a hug. Payal kissed the top of her head fondly.

"Now go and have your bath before the water stops," she said beginning to fold the clothes lying scattered near the cupboard. Before Khushi made it out of the door though, Payal stopped her.

"Khushi! One more thing.. um.. Just cover your neck..  er.. Right there..," she said pointing to the area under her ear. Khushi looked up confused.

"Why jiji? What's wrong?" said Khushi being her completely unaware-self as she walked to the mirror to check. She sucked in a quick breath as she saw what Payal had been pointing at. A hickey. She bit her lip and tried not to smile as she looked at her sister bashfully.

Payal burst out laughing.