Chapter 14

"So who's going?" She asked looking between the two of us.

"What?"

"Well I assumed since I'm not supposed to be out in the open, one of you guys will do it." She pointed out.

I nodded. That made sense.  I looked over at Damien who's finger was on his nose, backing away already. "My mom dead."

I blinked my eyes repeatedly. "What does that have to do with this?"

"Well I didn't grow up with a mom so I wouldn't be able to get the right feminine products."

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. " Olive cut in. She just stares at him with a disgusting look.

"Hey, you're a girl, and you have a mom no matter how messed up she is. You have someone of the opposite gender around you whenever you want. I on the other hand have never had anyone of the opposite gender to teach me anything."

"That's your excuse?" I asked him.

Damien shrugged his shoulders, nodding away.  He didn't care what Olive of I would even think. He made it clear that he wants going to leave and buy anything.

And that meant I had to do it.

I groaning, getting the car keys from the table. I reached down to the bag and pulled out a small handgun, something undetectable and headed towards them. "I'll be back in 20 minutes tops, does anyone want anything else while I'm there?"

Damien thought about it for a second before shaking his head no. I on the other hand rolled my eyes at him. He was doing way too much at a time like this, and it was starting to get on my nerves.

In fact I didn't mind getting what she wanted,  it's his excuses that really hit me. He really used his dead mother to get out of this. In fact he used his dead mother for a lot of things.

Sometimes I think she's not even dead. She probably ran away from this life before it could actually take her down.

I headed down the stairs as soon as Olive told me she didn't want anything.  I knew she was lying anyway. When my mom was on her period, she loved to eat, so that's exactly what I'm getting her.

The drive there was too long.  Even though we weren't technically outside the city, it was still long.

I stopped at a target, and walked throughout the aisle of store until I found the section.

Honestly, I was embarrass. There were so many products I didn't know what to buy. Someone came up to Em too close, and I almost pulled out my gun. I did it slowly, bringing my hand to my lower back, turning around to face them.

A guy with dark brown hair walked up to me, making me jump a bit in fright, and relaxed. A false alarm. He had brown eyes as well wearing a white dress a green top, and black jeans.

"You seem lost." He said.

"Huh?"

"You're looking at them like your a new species. "

"Ohhhh..." I nodded. "Is it that obviously."

"So your..." he motion his hands for me to finish his sentence.

"Girlfriend."

"Okay."

"See she's tried, and I don't want to make her go to the store, you know. She could get hurt."

"Well take it from someone who's wife lives to send me here if we have a box left.  Get the pads, usually women get the pads. They don't do the other things. Oh and get her a heat warmer for her stomach. Trust me worked wonders for my life."

I thought this was going to be harder, but this guy just made it easier for me. I stood my hand out, pleased with all this information.

"My names Jack sir, thank you"

"Phillips. And you're welcome."

I picked up all those things he mentioned,  and of course food. She didn't give any slight acknowledgment of being allergies to anything, so I bought so much candy, and chips. Hopefully that would do.

I drove back with plenty of time to spare, thinking of how happy she'll be that I actually did good. Maybe she'll even thank me with a smile.

By the time I walked up the stairs, Damien and Olive were on the bed laying on top of the sheets talking.

I didn't ask or think of anything when I announced myself.

I just set the bags by the bed side, and sat right next to her leg. Olive hot up, rushing her hands throughout the bag, until she pulled out a heating pad.

Damien barely looked my way.  He said his goodbye, walking down the stairs and out the front door.

I wanted to ask what just happened,  and what they did when I was gone, but I figured I'll just ask some other time or later. Probably after this.

"Is this real?" She asked.

I didn't know whether she was surpised, curious, or annoyed. Her voice seemed so monotony.

"Yeah, this guy said you might want something like this."

She chocked, jumping off the bed and hugging me. I was surprised myself.

She was hugging me.

I hugged her back, patting her back. "You're welcome. "

"Thank you. Is this for cramps?"

"Yeah."

"And you bought candy and chips."

"Yeah, my mom us all eats a lot when she's on hers."

"I guess it was a good thing you went  instead then."

I smiled fainting, looking back at the stairs. "So what did you two do?"

"Someone jealous? "

"No, I was just-"

"I'm kidding. We just talked." She takes out a bag of cheetos, and starts chewing away.

"About what?"

"My family.  It seems like everyone of your friends wants to get to know me. What are you planning? "

"Nothing.  It's just..." I paused, turning away. "Just get ready, we're leaving tomorrow night."

"What? Why? Aren't we safe here?"

"You're not supposed to say in a place longer than a day. Precaution."

She nodded eating away.

------------

Comment what you think so far

  Like & shares